Junior Power Systems Electrical Engineer
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description Job Description:Are you looking to accelerate your
professional development and advance your career? - -We invite you
to explore joining Leidos.The National Airspace Systems Integration
Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking a recent college
graduate with a degree in Electrical Engineering. You will provide
support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) located in Des
Plaines, IL.The Junior Engineer will support the daily operations
of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA) Engineering Services
Infrastructure Team.Working with a Senior Level Engineer, your
duties may include :
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA
buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop "to-scale" designs and
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in
existing or new facilities with exact specifications and
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction
inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Prepare construction drawings and prepare site-specific
specifications and contract documents and independent cost
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management
Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to
meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential
impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction
meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to
coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities
to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with
stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and
restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to
team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.---Basic
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Power related degree from an accredited College/University with
less than 2 years of work experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to organize
documentation, and have an awareness of general documentation
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.Desired Qualifications:
- Familiar with arc flash studies.Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00
- $97,000.00 - $130,950.00The Leidos pay range for this job level
is a general guideline only -and not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Des Plaines , Junior Power Systems Electrical Engineer, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...