Power Systems Electrical Engineer
Company: Leidos Inc
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Description Job Description:Are you tired of working 60+ hours a
week? Are you looking for better Work Life Balance? At Leidos, Work
Life Balance is not just a catch phrase, its a way of life. We
expect our employees to work a normal 40 hour week. If this sounds
good to you, we invite you to explore job opportunities with
LeidosWe are looking for an Electrical Engineer with expertise in
power systems. This position is on the National Airspace Systems
Integration Support (NISC) program providing support to the Federal
Aviation Administration (FAA) located in Des Plaines, IL.You will
support daily operations of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA)
Engineering Services Infrastructure Team.Duties will include:
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA
buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop "to-scale" designs and
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in
existing or new facilities with exact specifications and
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction
inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify
and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and
generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as
required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare construction drawings and prepare site-specific
specifications and contract documents and independent cost
- Perform project management related tasks and communication
(including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management
Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to
meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential
impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction
meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to
coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities
to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with
stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and
restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to
team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and
tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers
and management levels.Basic Qualifications:A Bachelor's Degree in
Electrical Engineering or Power related degree from an accredited
College/University and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant
experience or Masters Degree and 2 years of related
experience.Experience designing electrical distribution for
commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including
standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems
(UPS)Experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA
Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools.Knowledgeable
conducting and interpreting arc flash studies.Proficient with
Microsoft Office Suite and able to organize documentation, and have
an awareness of general documentation systems.Strong AUTOCAD
experienceAbility to obtain Public Trust Clearance.Willing and able
to travel up to 25% of the time.Desired Qualifications:Knowledge of
FAA Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities andFAA
Corporate Work Plan (CWP)Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 -
$120,000.00 - $162,000.00The Leidos pay range for this job level is
a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or
salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include
(but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.#Featuredjob
Keywords: Leidos Inc, Des Plaines , Power Systems Electrical Engineer, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!