Senior Corporate Development Analyst
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
Edward Jones is seeking a highly skilled individual to serve as a
Sr. Analyst for the newly created Corporate Development team. This
individual will be a critical member of a small, nimble team that
executes Edward Jones' inorganic strategic goals, including mergers
& acquisitions, joint ventures, venture investments, and other
strategic initiatives that have a transformative impact on the
firm. Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Interface with business leaders to support inorganic growth
opportunities (M&A, strategic partnerships, venture) for Edward
Jones - from idea to business case to deal execution and post-deal
integration - taking a holistic cross-functional approach
- Assist in all aspects of the deal / investment / partnership,
including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale, financial
modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional deal teams with internal
and external partners
- Develop complex valuation models and preparing complete
valuation analysis, incorporating DCF, trading & transaction
comparables and other valuation methods
- Support the development of robust frameworks and models to
evaluate inorganic growth opportunities
- Assist in training/mentoring more junior Corporate Development
Analysts Qualifications Required in the Job:
- Bachelor's degree is required with an emphasis in Accounting,
Finance, or Economics. Advanced Degree(s) or Certification(s) in
Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Analytics are
- 6+ years of general Financial Services experience, or 4+ years
Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity or
Venture Capital required.
- Demonstrable problem-solving, quantitative and analytical
skills are required.
- Ability to build complex models with a strong fluency in
performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative
analysis with familiarity with purchase accounting rules.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required as
the position will be responsible for clearly articulating analyses
and recommendations to senior leaders and colleagues.
- Experience contributing to high-impact strategy assignments is
- Experience managing contributions to the work of multiple
projects is preferred.
The position requires complex problem solving and rigorous analysis
related to strategic items impacting the entire firm:
- Required to synthesize a complex multitude of external and
internal factors on a continuing basis to facilitate the
formulation of the firm's inorganic strategy to drive continued
differentiation in the market.
- Required to analyze strategic recommendations to ensure
alignment to firm strategy.
- Required to evaluate financial ramifications of current and
potential strategic opportunities through financial modeling and
- Required to develop and enhance processes as required for
consistent analysis techniques
Duties include leading a strategy team whose primary roles include
- Provide thought leadership and consultation to area leadership
in development of the firm's inorganic growth strategy.
- Assess competition and evaluate industry trends and market
changes to support inorganic idea generation.
- Evaluate strategic investment and partnership opportunities
(M&A, Corporate Development).
- Build industry relationships with vendors, research partners,
and other third party providers.
- Facilitate the deal execution process and the development of
robust frameworks to evaluate and execute against inorganic growth
Span of Influence:
The span of influence includes strategic items impacting the entire
- The Corporate Development Sr. Analyst will be responsible to
collaborate with firm stakeholders and synthesize disparate sources
of information to facilitate strategic planning activities for the
- The Corporate Development Sr. Analyst will use rigorous, fact
based, quantitative and qualitative analysis to support strategic
- The position is responsible to the Senior Director of Corporate
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Des Plaines , Senior Corporate Development Analyst, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!