Advanced Data Analyst
Company: Wintrust Financial
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50
billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC.
Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated
technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on
providing service-based community banking to each and every
customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries
with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern
Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various
non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance
premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing,
out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and
purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary
services for tax-deferred exchanges.Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the
Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by
the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition
reimbursement to name a few
- Promote from within cultureWhy join this team?
- We hold ourselves accountable to high standards, share wins,
operate ethically, and have fun
- This role offers the ability to make an impact and interface
with all of IT and the various aspects of Wintrusts business
- This is a role where you will learn about our business yet
provide insights to influence decision making
- We stress the importance of team work and learning from each
other so that the team exceeds business expectationsPosition
SummaryThe Advanced Data Analyst is responsible for working with
both structured and unstructured data sets to provide business
insights and recommendations to improve the quality of the Wintrust
data leveraging industry standard analytical approaches and
technologies. Successful candidate should be to able work in a team
environment mentoring other team members and providing guidance to
- Gather, structure, and analyze data from multiple complex data
sources into actionable business insights using industry standard
analytical tools and technologies.
- Performs Adhoc analytical requests on complex database systems
using statistical and regression analysis concepts and resolves
data related issues.
- Partners with the business to identify the appropriate data
sources and analysis methodology to meet business needs and
decision making driven by data analysis
- Collaborates with a team of data architects, data engineers for
gathering, structuring, and analyzing data to support
organizational needs and support the development and automation of
standard data analysis.
- Presents the results of the data analysis, as well as
recommendations, to management and process owners.
- Identifies hidden use cases from complex unstructured datasets
and come up with useful insights.
- Influences key decisions through data analysis and offers
recommendations to senior leadership teams.
- Creates enterprise data sets for advanced analytics for data
scientist team members
- Seeks opportunities to deliver continuous process improvement,
automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery.
- Serves as resource to internal and third party team members on
escalated issues and analyzing and designing specifications for
less experienced team members.
- Coaches and guides less experienced analytical professional in
statistical concepts, principles and tools.
- Pursues self-development and effective relationships with
others by sharing information and knowledge with coworkers and
- Performs other duties as assigned related to data
- Bachelors degree with 5+ years experience in Computer Science,
Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative
- 3+ years experience in programming and data analysis with a
concentration in data science, or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a data analyst role or
similar where strong analytical and problem solving skills were
- 3+ years working experience with statistical applications, such
as SQL or SAS
- At least 2 years of experience working with large data sets and
- Strong understanding of database and data warehouse concepts
- Strong quantitative skills with a proven ability to translate
analysis into meaningful insights.
- Experience in working with Traditional and Distributed
- Has experience working with Data Warehouse, Data Governance,
MDM and BI systems.
- Proficient in Power BI and MS Office products (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint including Pivot, Graph and Slicer techniques).
- Excellent organizational skills in defining and approach with
strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to
communicate complex concepts in a meaningful actionable manner
across a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated experience utilizing unstructured and structured
data to identify hidden patterns and meanings and communicate the
results into a cohesive and constructive action plan
- Experience with predictive modeling (classification,
regression, parameter tuning, optimization criteria, feature
selection) is desired.
- Experience working on Banking and Financial domain is
- Experience working on large multifaceted analytical assignments
requiring demonstrated use of creative problem solving skills and
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard
problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work within a team environment and
interacting with data professionals and business data SMEs
throughout the organization
- Proven record of accomplishment of meeting commitments with the
highest standards of ethics and integrity.#LI-REMOTEFrom our first
day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of
unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be
Chicagos Bank and Wisconsin's Bank, we need to reflect that
diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we
employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending
practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community
banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial, Des Plaines , Advanced Data Analyst, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!