Senior Financial Analyst (Hybrid: Onsite and Virtual)
Company: US Foods
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Sr. Financial Analyst will lead the process in providing
monthly financial reporting, ad hoc analysis, and analytical
evaluations of Company and/or project related performance; Lead
special projects or initiatives. Develops insights into business
This position has been segmented as "Blended" meaning there is a
combination of onsite and remote work.
- Conduct special financial and business related analysis as
requested in such areas as margin and expense performance,
marketing promotions, capital spending, project IRR, and working
capital. Make recommendations to improve performance.
- Identify favorable and unfavorable data/spending trends. Work
with business functions and/or Sr. Financial Analyst to provide
analytic and detailed transactional results and recommendations for
improved performance and efficiency
- Review departmental actual expense versus budget and issue
monthly variance statements along with explanations of significant
- Perform regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc
reporting/analysis. Assist in the production of monthly results
reviews of financial and operational performance metrics versus
current plan and forecast.
- Facilitate annual planning processes.
- Support initiative development and assessment
- Assist management in developing assumptions regarding the
P&L drivers of the business which could be expected under the
current business plan and under alternative strategies. Prepare
forecasts and analysis trends in sales, finance, general business
conditions and other related areas as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related
analytical field required (or related experience)
- MA/MBA preferred
- Job relevant certifications preferred (e.g. CPA)
- 3 years of relevant work experience required (in role or
- Advanced skills using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook,
- Prioritization/Organization/Multi-tasking - Able to organize
their own work and meet deadlines as well as assist others with
- Attention to Detail - Regularly provides work that is accurate,
thorough and consistent. Reviews work of others for accuracy
- Communications - Strong Verbal & Written communications.
Communicating to a variety of audiences
- Analytical - Strong analytical skills. Analyzes complex
- Problem Solving - Solves problems independently, many of which
- Independent Thinking - Works independently on most assignments.
Brings forward ideas for improvement
- Team Participation - Collaborates well with team members and
other work associates. Will sometimes lead the team and others
- Interpersonal - Has strong working relationships with others.
Able to manage interactions with all levels of the organization
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, business, business
intelligence, consult, financial analyst, government, inspect,
investment fund, strategy
Keywords: US Foods, Des Plaines , Senior Financial Analyst (Hybrid: Onsite and Virtual), Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!