Service Desk Analyst
Company: CJ Logistics America
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: September 22, 2022
JOB DETAILS:As part of CJ's Corporate IT Department, the Service
Desk Analyst - provides a high level of customer service while
supporting end users and customers. This position serves as the
first point of contact for all technology related issues, executing
troubleshooting procedures and collaborating with all technical
resources to resolve the issue in a timely manner.Monday -
Thursday, 9AM - 5:30PM and Sundays 6:30AM -
- Respond to telephone, email and helpdesk requests for technical
support using Zoom and ServiceNow.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely
- Maintain knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
execute procedures accordingly.
- Successfully troubleshoot issues, both independently and in
collaboration, with all available technical resources.
- Oversee and troubleshoot system related issues in coordination
with local and field resources.
- Monitor, analyze, and respond to system hardware and software
faults and failures, including but not limited to: - IBM iSeries,
Wintel servers, network devices, and the applications associated
with these systems.
- Identify, research, and resolve Level 1 technical issues.
- Escalate technical issues that are beyond Level 1 in a timely
- Be responsible for the backup, recovery and tape management for
AS/400 (iSeries) and Wintel Servers, utilizing the appropriate
software tools (e.g. Commvault).
- Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of all computer
system configurations, processes and procedures, according to
established standards and policies.
- Support and maintain user account information, including
rights, security and system groups.
- Analyze trouble ticket data to proactively identify improvement
- Evaluate new technologies for potential applicability.
- Additional duties as assigned -MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years work experience or equivalent preferred -MINIMUM WORK
- Have some familiarity with an IT ticketing system and knowledge
- ServiceNow experience preferred
- Previous customer service experience.
- Previous experience with distribution center systems (WMS, TMS,
- Experience working with PC/MAC and Windows Server systems with
one or more of the following operating systems in an enterprise
environment; Windows 7, 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Experience providing support for an ERP system in an enterprise
environment preferred; SAP, Red Prairie, SharePoint, Manhattan
- Experience working with IBM iSeries preferredKNOWLEDGE &
- Comprehensive ability to work effectively as a team member or
as a respected team leader.
- Considerable up-to-date knowledge of computer and networking
hardware and software
- Able to provide application support to our user community using
remote support tools.
- Considerable skills in creating and maintaining user self-help,
technical and procedural documentation.
- Considerable skills in conveying knowledge to users, peers and
management regarding products.
- Ability to solicit ideas from others and provide constructive
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work
- Communicates, both oral and written, effectively with the
management groups, end users, customers, and technical staff.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to solve common
- Focus on excellent customer service and needs of the user
- Reliable and cooperative team player; displays consideration
and respect for others.
- Displays tact, patience, and the ability to handle stressful
situations while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust.
- Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities,
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding
environment. -ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Able to travel to offsite locations within continental
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds of equipment, some
twisting and turning with equipment installs.
- Provide after hours, Weekends and holidays support when needed
(flexibility of shift).CJ Logistics AmericaWe provide integrated
supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing
customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.CJ
Logistics delivers integrated and multimodal logistics services,
connecting every corner of the world via air, sea and land. As a
lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party logistics provider (3PL)
and supply chain consultant, we help customers leverage supply
chain management as a competitive advantage, reducing total system
costs, transforming business processes, improving service and
facilitating growth and change. With a focus on social
responsibility and sustainability through growth with customers and
communities, we prioritize the wellbeing of the end consumer, our
customers and our employees. CJ Logistics America is responsible
for the North America region, specializing in solutions for
regulated industries such as food and beverage, consumer packaged
goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire and automotive.CJ
Logistics America is an equal opportunity employer. It is CJ
Logistics America policy to provide equal employment opportunities
to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability or genetic
Keywords: CJ Logistics America, Des Plaines , Service Desk Analyst, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!