Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: July 27, 2022
LHH Recruitment Solutions has partnered with a growing
distributor near the Des Plaines, IL area and they are looking to
add a Logistics Specialist to their established organization. This
is a Direct Hire opportunity. You will be responsible for
administrating, coordinating, and managing efficient and
cost-effective transportation services meeting the needs of both
internal and external customers, vendors, and carriers in a timely
manner. Ensuring that the logistics data is accurate and up to
date. Prepare logistics data analysis for RFPs and to assist with
proposals and projects. Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of
three years of logistics experience within the distribution or
manufacturing industry. Must have strong understanding in all modes
of transportation: LTL, TL, vessels/ocean, air, and rail. This is
an exceptional opportunity for you to learn and grow within a
highly productive and growing organization. You will receive a
competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package.
- Maintain and develop freight and warehouse shipping data master
lists within Oracle Transportation Module.
- Communicate with 3PL parties, freight consolidators, carriers,
terminal operations, custom brokers, rail/trucking companies and
- Provide timely freight quotations to both internal and external
- Analyze freight opportunities based on evaluation of contracted
rates, operations capabilities, and carrier constraints in
conjunction with meeting delivery requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of data for RFQ's for the negotiation
of carrier services, costs, and contracts.
- Analyze and understand freight and warehouse data sets.
- Monitor inbound vessel sheet and notify parties when title is
- Order rail cars and create track and trace as requested.
- Create deliveries from Oracle from all shipping points.
- Audit and approve freight bills for accuracy and resolve
discrepancies with carriers.
- Support RFP process with reporting and process guidelines.
- Proactively provide track, trace, and follow-up services to
- Identify, develop and implement transportation service
enhancement and cost reduction programs. Experience:
- Minimum of three years of logistics or transportation
experience within the distribution or manufacturing.
- Strong understanding in all modes of transportation: LTL, TL,
vessels/ocean, air, and rail.
- International logistics experience is a plus.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VLOOKUPs and Pivot Tables) to
analyze logistics data and to prepare logistics reporting.
- Proficiency in Oracle WMS preferred. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or
Business Management. Skills:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Process improvement skills.
- Must be a motivated and passionate professional that is
comfortable in a hands on impactful and highly visible role. If you
are a passionate Logistics Specialist looking for a new and
rewarding career, please apply today! You don't want to miss out on
this opportunity! LHH is a leader in permanent recruitment-and in
the placement of top talent. Our areas of specialty include office
administration, customer service, human resources, engineering, and
supply chain and logistics. Please feel to check us out and apply
for other opportunities if this role isn't a perfect match. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read our Candidate Privacy
Information Statement, which explains how we will use your
information, please visit https://www.lhh.com/candidate-privacy/The
Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: LHH, Des Plaines , Logistics Specialist, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!