Wound Care Technician
Company: Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care C
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 12, 2022
- Provides residents with daily nursing care in accordance with
current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines,
regulations, and facility policies. May be directed by the Wound
Care Coordinator / Treatment Nurse, or designee to ensure that the
highest degree of quality care is always maintained.
- Successful completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant Program
with a certificate or other written verification from the school
and successful completion of the Department approved nursing
assistant competency evaluation or successful completion of a
United States military training program that includes the content
of the Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program.
- Be at least 16 years of age, of temperate habits and good moral
character, honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Provide evidence of employment or occupation, if any, and
residence for two years prior to initial employment as a nursing
- Must possess a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within
two weeks of employment.
- Demonstrates interest and/or knowledge in caring for the ill,
disabled, and elderly. Must be able to deal tactfully with
customers, family members, visitors, personnel etc.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with other personnel.
- Must be personable, enthusiastic, and personable.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of the position can be fully met.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, young,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull, and move equipment,
supplies, etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc. including exposure to the (HIV) Aids and Hepatitis
- --- Ensure that all nursing procedures and protocols are
followed in accordance with established policies and procedures,
including dress code.
- --- Participates in the skin report and or / Stand up with
nursing members daily.
- --- Communicates any initial sign of a skin abnormality in skin
integrity, or any missing Dressing right away to the Wound Care
Coordinator/ Treatment Nurse /staff nurse for replacement.
- --- Monitors turning and positioning of residents and assists
in turning and repositioning as well as documenting that in Point
of Care (POC).
- --- Monitors shower and bed bath completion for wound patients
and assists as needed as well as documenting shower/bath in Point
of Care and documenting any skin abnormality in (POC) and reporting
to the Nurse on duty.
- --- Monitors off-loading of heels or placement of heel lift
boots, per resident modality and document in (POC) if
- --- Participates and assists in the daily rounds with the Wound
Care Coordinator/ Treatment Nurse.
- --- Monitors compliance with preventative skin moisture
barrier, equipment usage, i.e.: (wedge cushions, wheelchair
cushions, pillows) and specialty mattresses.
- --- Monitors off-loading when resident up in their wheel- chair
and assist in positioning if needed.
- --- Aides with assistance during activities of daily living to
a specific number of residents and/or as directed by the Wound Care
- --- May Assist in developing a written plan of care for each
Resident with specific problems or needs of that Resident.
- --- Attends and actively participates in a resident care plan
conference, and or Resident Council and/or Family Council when
- Reports all concerns, complaints made by the Resident or their
family to the Administrator/ or designee.
- Makes rounds to assure Residents are safe and comfortable and
their Call lights within reach.
- Maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
- Participates in In-service Education Programs.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining an effective
orientation program that orientates
- the new staff of Alden to the facility wound care program, and
its policies and procedures as requested.
- Recommends to the Wound Care Coordinator/ Treatment Nurse any
equipment or supply needs of the department.
- Documents Rounds daily on Skin QA sheet provided and daily
returns QA sheet to Wound Care Coordinator/Treatment Nurse.
- Check Low Air Loss Mattresses daily for settings, adjusts as
necessary and report any issues to Wound Care Coordinator/
Treatment Nurse. Helps with changing or switching out of Low Air
Loss Mattresses as needed.
- Ensure that the Low Air Loss Mattresses are being cleaned by
housekeeping on showers days.
- Aide in monitoring the linen on the Low Air Loss Mattresses
- Inventories and stores the new Residents personal possessions
- Assists Residents with packing personal possessions when they
are transferred to a new room or discharged (including personal
turning schedules from old rooms to new rooms).
- Maintains intake and output records as instructed. Checks and
documents bowel movements and character of stools if
- Assist with making occupied and unoccupied beds, changes of bed
linens, straightens rooms, closets, and drawers. Notifies
housekeeping if mattress in need of cleaning.
- Obtains blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration,
heights and weights, and records if indicated.
- Shares in the performance measures for the facility regarding
the outcomes of areas monitored.
OTHER AREAS OF ASSISTING RESIDENT
- Observes Residents physical condition, attitude, reactions,
appetite, etc., and reports any changes and/or unusual findings to
the Nurse/RCC so care plan can be updated.
- Performs personal services for Residents (i.e., reading,
writing letters, etc.) as time allows.
- Encourages Residents to help themselves and promotes self-care
in aiding rehabilitation as much as possible.
- Assists with care of dying and expired Residents.
- Records resident food/fluid intake. Completes meal monitor form
- Reports changes in resident's eating habits to the Staff
- Keeps Residents water pitchers clean and filled with fresh
water on each shift unless contraindicated.
- Wears transfer belt or have available always and utilizes as
- Reports all hazardous equipment and conditions to the Staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Des Plaines Rehabilitation and Health Care C, Des Plaines , Wound Care Technician, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!