Part-Time Organics Laboratory Technician
Company: Environmental Monitoring & Technologies
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionReports To: Organics ManagerJOB POSITION: Part
Time (15 - 25 hours per week)Work hours: Flexible – (Monday thru
Friday or Weekend Hours)OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION Under the
direction of the Organics Manager the Extraction Lab Technician
performs a wide variety of lab procedures for sample preparation to
meet client objectives. The Extraction Lab Technician extracts
samples to prepare them for instrument analysis (GC, GCMS, and
HPLC). The samples are analyzed for contaminants such as
pesticides, herbicides, PCBs, and polyaromatic hydrocarbons. The
Extraction Lab Technician works to complete their own assignments
on time and proactively assist other team members as need arises.
All activities must be performed according to EMT's standard
operating procedures in a culture of safe action, honest, and
ethical behavior.SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Develop a deep understanding of the Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's) and the underlying QC and analytical
requirements for the assigned procedures.
- Perform sample preparation in accordance with the SOPs.
- Support Extraction Department personnel to accomplish
day-to-day work flow as assigned by the Organics Manager.
- Responsible for quality of samples that are extracted.
- Communicate department issues and provide status reports to the
- Clean and maintain and laboratory equipment, instrumentation
(pH meters, pipettes, volumetric flasks etc.), and work areas
assigned to you.
- Other tasks will be assigned from time to time consistent with
the objectives of the position such as sample disposal, reagent and
standards preparation, monitoring and communicating supply needs,
and internal quality studies. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- Must be able to lift or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds
using correct and safe lifting techniques.
- Must be able to work in a cold room/cooler for short periods of
- Must be able to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
required for the position.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle
objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb
stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, talk or hear, and smell. PERSONAL
AND PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS
- Coursework, particularly labs in chemistry, a strong
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel, and
willingness to learn our Laboratory Information Management System
- Multi-tasking skills and enjoy a fast paced work
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-directed, goal oriented.Have good interpersonal and
teamwork skills.Powered by JazzHR8VpNW7Y7uH
Keywords: Environmental Monitoring & Technologies, Des Plaines , Part-Time Organics Laboratory Technician, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!