Part-Time Laboratory Receiving Technician
Company: Environmental Monitoring & Technologies
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionEnvironmental Monitoring & Technologies, Inc.
(EMT) is an environmental laboratory, providing our clients with
quality testing services for 35 years. We specialize in analysis of
water, wastewater, and soils for organic and inorganic compounds,
as well as conducting field sampling services for a variety of
regulatory programs. In an effort to prevent hazardous substances
harmful to the environment from entering fresh water sources, EMT
samples flows of water, wastewater, and storm water, for such
harmful substances as lead, mercury, cyanide, and dozens of other
organic and inorganic compounds.OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION: This is
a part -time position (15-25 hours per week, morning to afternoon
hours preferable). The Laboratory Receiving Technician performs a
wide variety of tasks in support of our clients. The laboratory
receiving technician receives and logs in samples to our Laboratory
Information Management System (LIMS), assembles bottle orders, and
disposes completed laboratory samples. The Laboratory Receiving
Technician communicates sample information and sample location with
management. The Laboratory Receiving Technician sees projects
through to completion and provides excellent customer service when
interacting with our clients.SPECIFIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Order supplies, verify delivery of orders, and distribute
orders to EMT staff.
- Receive samples and accurately enter all data into the LIMS
- Verify sample matrix, volume, integrity, temperature, etc.
- Neutralize and dispose samples in accordance with EMTs safety
and waste disposal policies and procedures.
- Prepare bottle orders and ship them to clients.
- Confirm receipt of shipped samples and packages.
- Safely handle and ship hazardous chemicals (Strong Acids and
- Communicate effectively with all of Management, Laboratory
Technicians, Field Technicians, and clients.
- Keep the sample receiving area clean and organized.
- Accomplish all tasks assigned by the Sample Receiving manager
in timely manner and communicate progress.
- Follow safety protocols, without exception.
- Follow Company policy, without exception.
- Such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time
consistent with the objectives of the position.PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Must be able to lift/carry heavy equipment, coolers, etc. (up
to 50 lbs.).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen for long
periods of time.
- Must be able to handle environmental samples with strong and
- Must be able to work outdoors for short periods of time in all
- Must be able to wear all PPE required for the position.PERSONAL
AND PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS:
- Detail oriented;
- Great organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Self-directed with a goal and outcome orientation;
- Possess problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.Powered by
Keywords: Environmental Monitoring & Technologies, Des Plaines , Part-Time Laboratory Receiving Technician, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!