Electrical Engineer (Mid Level)
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Description Job Description:The National Airspace Systems
Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an
Electrical Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA) located in Des Plaines, IL. The ideal
candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Central
Service Area (CSA) Engineering Services Infrastructure Team. Duties
include but are not limited to:
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA
buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop "to-scale" designs and
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in
existing or new facilities with exact specifications and
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction
inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify
and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and
generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as
required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare construction drawings and prepare site-specific
specifications and contract documents and independent cost
- Perform project management related tasks and communication
(including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management
Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to
meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential
impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction
meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to
coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities
to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with
stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and
restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to
team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power
- Effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and
tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers
and management levels. Basic Qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or
Power related degree from an accredited College/University and a
minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree
and 2 years of related experience..
- Experience designing electrical distribution for commercial,
industrial and/or government facilities, including standby engine
generator and un-interruptible power systems (UPS)
- Must have experience with power system analysis software such
as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools.
- Must be experienced in conducting and interpreting arc flash
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and able to
organize documentation, and have an awareness of general
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Desired
- Knowledge of FAA Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS)
- Knowledge of FAA Corporate Work Plan (CWP) Pay Range:Pay Range
$74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Keywords: Leidos, Des Plaines , Electrical Engineer (Mid Level), Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!