Company: Batory Foods Inc
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Procurement Coordinator Job Description:--The Procurement
Coordinator (PC) facilitates the ordering and movement of products
per Batory Foods guidelines for delivery performance. The PC works
closely and collaboratively with both internal customers (including
but not limited to Customer Service, Product Management, Supply
Chain Planning, Logistics, Inventory Control, Operations and
Accounts Payable) and external customers (including but not limited
to Vendors and 3PL warehouses) as a facilitator of order movement
for their assigned categories. Position requires PC to invest in
strong relationships with a diverse group of vendors and plays a
key role in the day-to-day progression of meeting customer
This position is based in Rosemont, IL and reports to the
Key Responsibilities: --
- Accurately inputs vendor orders, manages purchase
confirmations, shipment documentation and delivery tracking on a
timely basis. Including but not limited to confirming ordered
item(s), ordered quantity, shipping origin, delivery destination,
expected dates and expected price Batory will be invoiced for
item(s). Addressing discrepancies pro-actively (prior to inbound
arrival and receipt) and enlisting support of Product Manager
and/or Product Specialist, as necessary.
- Proactively monitors the status of inbound shipments and
initiates or escalates resolution to solve for product availability
gaps and communicates issues/changes/delays with the proper parties
- Responsible for updating purchase order pickup and delivery
dates in the ERP system daily to ensure the dates are reflected
- Responsible for weekly direct billing for non-warehouse orders
to ensure vendors are paid and customers are billed in a timely
- Responsible for processing product returns with vendors,
external and internal credits, and resolve discrepancies with
appropriate cross functional teams and Accounts Payable.
- Responsible for e-filing and maintaining accurate, complete,
and organized electronic transaction records associated with all
transactions and purchase order requests and electronically
attaches files in a shared data environment to be used by other
- Review bi-weekly reports to identify purchase orders that have
not been released into the Transportation Management System (TMS)
and to ensure confirmed vendor orders are released into the
- Review bi-weekly reports to identify unconfirmed purchase
orders to ensure order confirmations are received from
- Serve as back-up in the event of absence for PC team as
- Actively develops and cultivates supplier relationships to
support optimum service for our customer base.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by
- Strong knowledge and understanding of purchasing
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams).
- Must demonstrate ability to work collaboratively across the
organization to accomplish strategic objectives.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, ownership, commitment and
focus to meeting deadlines.
- Must be a team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
with a willingness to learn.
- Must have previous experience with ERP software including
Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability
to prioritize and operate in a constantly changing environment in
order to deliver amazing response time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer
service mindset and strong team orientation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written
- Excellent listener with empathy to individuals concerns and
aptitude for necessary follow-up actions.
- Self-directed and able to operate independently.
- Promotes trust in all actions with high integrity and
- Ability to model the Company's values of respect for people,
teamwork, and continuous improvement utilizing the Batory
Basics.--Education and Formal Training:--
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Business Administration,
Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Logistics or related
- 3-5 years' experience in supply chain management within a food
ingredient or food manufacturing business with demonstrated food
supplier knowledge with exposure to commodities and/or ingredient
Batory Foods in an equal opportunity employer which considers all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status or any other
characteristic protected by law. In addition, Batory Foods also
provides "reasonable accommodations" to qualified individuals with
disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act and applicable state and local laws. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process,
please notify us immediately.--
Keywords: Batory Foods Inc, Des Plaines , Procurement Coordinator, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!