Sales Representative - Fire and Life Safety
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Eaton's Fire and Life Safety Division is currently seeking a
Sales Representative supporting Fire Safety and Life Safety
products to join our team. This position can be based out of a home
office location in the state of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio or
As a leading supplier in the Life Safety market, Eaton provides
decades of experience and innovation. With advanced technological
solutions, Eaton helps their clients respond to threats by
delivering the right message to the right people at the right time.
Eaton's solutions include Wheelock notification appliances and
SAFEPATH voice evacuation systems. The Great Lakes District Sales
Representative is responsible for managing existing customers while
focusing on developing and closing new business opportunities
within key sophisticated vertical markets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will
- Implement short, medium and long-term strategic and tactical
plans that promote the outdoor voice, interoperable emergency
notification and integrated platform solutions offered at
- Aggressively manage and track business opportunity pipeline
(e.g., private and public entities aligned with government/defense,
transportation, petrochemical, higher education and miscellaneous
- Utilize consultative style to evaluate the prospective
customer's existing MNS and Fire systems, processes and potential
gaps. Identify solutions that incorporate the appropriate Eaton
- Develop solution strategies to sell appropriate, comprehensive
Fire notification solutions to top level decision makers, as well
as project consultants, contractors, architects and engineers, code
enforcement officials, and other end-users.
- Work collaboratively through a network of OEM, security
distribution, engineer systems dealers and integrators in multiple
vertical markets to meet target sales goals.
- Develop new relationships that will impact growth within
- Manage and coordinate the distributor & integrator network
- Aggressively manage and track business opportunity
- Support other business development initiatives as needed.
- Promote the company's mission and vision by actively supporting
Eaton's ethics and values as well as quality policies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in Fire and Life Safety
systems products and/or services.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver's
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Candidates must
currently reside within the state of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio or
Kentucky. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt
from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years of experience in Fire and Life Safety systems
products and/or services, focused in the commercial, institutional,
and/or industrial market space.
- Three (3) years of outside sales experience.
Position Success Criteria
- Successful track record of building lasting relationships with
distributors, end users, Intercompany leaders and sales teams.
- Possess strong project and program management skills
demonstrating attention to detail.
- Strive for excellence in customer service and sales
- Self-motivated needing little daily supervision to outperform
- Strong relationships and industry knowledge of codes and
- Excellent communication skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Illinois-Des Plaines
United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Ohio-Cleveland,
United States-Ohio-Columbus, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis,
United States-Kentucky-Louisville, United States-Ohio-Van Wert
Des Plaines IL Loc
LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Requisition ID :096653
Keywords: Eaton, Des Plaines , Sales Representative - Fire and Life Safety, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!