Carrier Onboarding Analyst
Company: CS Recruiting
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: February 15, 2021
Our client is a leader in transforming logistics and supply
chain management into a critical business strategy based on
collaborative partnerships, innovative thinking and
high-performance operations. They achieve their business goals of
Fortune 500 and other dynamic companies by designing, integrating,
managing and adapting customized supply chain solutions. They help
their customers achieve their goals by being ready for
Carrier Onboarding Analyst
This individual will focus on sourcing, qualifying, and managing
new carriers. In this role, the successful candidate will develop
relationships with new carriers, identify their strengths, match
their available capacity with existing lane needs, as well as
negotiate rates and contracts. In addition, will be responsible for
delivering results by maximizing carrier relationships, reducing
cost, improving service, and increasing carrier capacity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cold call new carriers and build relationships with new
- Monitor carrier performance utilizing carrier scorecards and
hold carriers accountable for established KPI's.
- Issue and manage corrective action plans.
- Utilize benchmarks to procure transportations services at rates
that are competitive to the company.
- Act as the escalation point for carriers and internal teams to
resolve service and operational issues, ensuring carrier capacity
meets operational needs.
- Manage carriers to ensure compliance to government regulations
as well as company policies and procedures.
- Communicate market conditions which may impact capacity, cost,
- Negotiate contracts and rate agreements.
- Collaborate with carriers and internal teams on continual
- Utilize FreightFriend, Carma and other carrier management
- May be required to be on call and work as part of a Saturday
- Bachelor's degree required. Preferably in Logistics,
Transportation, or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience or related
- Minimum 1 year of experience in logistics, transportation,
supply chain management, brokerage.
- Experience with organization, planning, and follow
- Experience negotiating with carriers and brokers across
multiple modes of transportation.
- Experience working in a TMS and/or CRM.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; must have
the ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able
to communicate effectively via email, phone, and during face to
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and function
independently, within authorized limits. This position offers a
competitive base salary.
Related to: Freight, Freight Brokerage, Freight Delivery,
Transportation Logistics, Logistics, Transportation, Transportation
Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage,
Supply Chain, Supply Chain Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics,
Shipping, Non-Asset, Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR, Dryvan, Dry Van, Box
Trailer, Dry Goods Shipping, Non-Perishable Shipping, Container,
Long Haul, Short Haul, Tractor Trailer, TL, Truckload, FTL, Full
Truckload, Truck Load, Semi, Tractor-Trailer, Analytics, Analyst,
Data Analysis, EDI, Data Engineering, Reporting, Systems,
Automation, Conversions, Data Visualization, Mertics, ERP,
Continuous Improvement, Statistics, track, trace, negotiate rates,
cold calling, load coverage, book loads, freight lanes, delivery,
carrier procurement, freight operations, pricing, TMS, RFP, carrier
relationship development, load boards, freight broker, Independent
Contributor, Team Player, Individual Contributor, IC
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Des Plaines , Carrier Onboarding Analyst, Professions , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!