Company: Peak Construction
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Establish And enforce safety programs with the goal of
- Understand project drawings and recognize coordination issues
within the contract documents.
- Coordination of subcontractor and Peak team.
- Advance in managing and training personnel.
- To make the overall Peak management team more efficient and
productive by taking responsibility for Safety, Quality and
schedule on assigned projects.
- Control the field portion of the project budget by properly
managing field related cost issues.
- Develop and utilize CPM schedule of project on a weekly if not
- Develop computer skills and understanding of Peak software
listed above. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Ultimately, the Project / Jobsite Supervision Role (Superintendent
Category) at Peak Construction Corporation is Primarily Responsible
for the following:
- Project Safety
- Accident / Incident free projects;
- Timely and thorough documentation of all incidents on Peak
- Preparation for, support of, and immediate follow up to third
party safety consultant project safety audits;
- Project Quality
- Overall Project quality is the Superintendent's
- Preparation for, participation in, and immediate response and
follow up to all municipal and jurisdictional inspections
throughout the duration of the project
- Proper documentation and administration of all municipal /
jurisdictional inspections and follow up;
- Preparation for, administration of, participation in, and
immediate response to all project punch list activities and
- Completion of all punch list work (internal Peak punch list,
Owner/Architect punch list, other applicable 3rd party punch list)
within 30 days of punch list creation;
- Project Schedule
- Overall responsibility for meeting Peak's contractual schedule
requirements of the Project;
- Responsibility for creating and managing weekly three weeks
look ahead schedules at every stage of the project in concert with
meeting the requirements of the overall master schedule for the
- Responsibility for working with Project Management during the
pre-construction, procurement, and initial construction phase of
the project to provide direction, requirements, and timelines for
critical path procurement of resources to complete the project on
time; Superintendent I Responsibilities/Duties:
- Oversee projects (typically) up to $20MM
- Be present on the jobsite at all times when there is Peak
Subcontractor presence on site
- Project set-up including temp power, logistics plan, staging
areas, temp power and utilities, jobsite office, procurement of
general conditions items such as safety equipment, signage,
temporary facilities, dumpsters, etc..
- Complete Documentation of field activities on a daily and no
less frequently than weekly basis including but not limited to all
information required for daily reports (including but not limited
to date, weather, subcontractors on site, crew size, work area,
visitors to the site, inspections on site, material deliveries on
site, incidents on site, etc.), new worker orientations, weekly
project reports, and other field documentation as required per
- Facilitate and expedite communication between and among Peak
and the Subcontractor team
- Make objective decisions and seek creative solutions to
- Effectively communicate with all project team members.
- Build relationships with the Peak Mission and Values in
- Positive leadership utilizing the values of the Peak Mission
- Work efficiently and independently.
- Manage select projects applicable to experience.
- Utilize Microsoft Project to develop and understand C.P.M.
scheduling, and use it to manage the project.
- Comprehend and administer project budgets.
- Ability to read, comprehend prints and specifications to
provide proper direction to project personnel.
- The ability to understand the shop drawing process. Review shop
drawings for errors, omissions, inconsistencies and coordination
conflicts between trades.
- Administer project safety per Peak policies.
- Read and administer contracts.
- Minimize warranty issues through attention to quality, good
reviews and proactive management.
- Value engineer projects and details.
- Assist project team with material procurement process.
- Oversee project closeout and complete punch lists within 30
days of punch list date.
- Interface with municipal representatives' inspectors, etc.
- Interface with end user / client and maintain a positive client
- Interface with 3rd party testing and quality control vendors
and pro-actively coordinate with their work; Other Responsibilities
- Timely responses (emails, texts, phone calls) to Peak team and
Ownership on all project issues;
- Employ a pro-active (not reactive) management style;
Continually search for what we don't know we don't know;
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Ability to work well, collaboratively, constructively, and
productively with others;
- Exhibit strong problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Exhibit strong decision-making skills and ability to prioritize
commitments/challenges against others.
- Must be self-Motivated
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exhibit an ability to mentor junior team members.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and foresight to seek
appropriate solutions in a timely manner
- Education: Post high school education or equivalent in the
- Completed all qualifications and responsibilities of the Asst
- 2-5 years as a foreman in the trades
- 2-5 years as an assistant superintendent or equivalent
1-2 years' experience in layout of building/surveying
Keywords: Peak Construction, Des Plaines , Project Superintendent, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...