Service Desk Level 2
Company: Insight Global
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 24, 2023
The Desktop Engineer is a critical member of the North American IT Team providing support to internal employees. This individual will be responsible for maintaining the desktop and laptop infrastructure, along with associated applications. This is an internal customer-facing role, and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness, and customer service, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills. In addition to client support, the Desktop Engineer will provide tier 2 support for systems for Flagship, Corporate and remote users.
Specific Job Functions:
* Investigates and resolves computer software and hardware problems.
* Resolves usability issues on systems and equipment in a timely basis.
* Tests new hardware/software products for use and compatibility with existing systems.
* Updates and maintains work in ticket-based tracking system.
* Creates and maintains desktop and laptop standards through testing and certification.
* Debugs and configures remote and WIFI connectivity problems.
* Installs, moves, or removes computer equipment as required for user physical moves.
* Escalates and coordinates problems to internal or external resources when required.
* Provides user training on system access and usage.
* Creates internal documentation and end-user training materials.
* Provides networking support for the office and warehouse environments.
* Maintain corporate standards, follow departmental procedures and clearly document projects as required for Audit compliance.
* Local travel required for onsite support
* 3 years experience: Desktop Engineering Support experience in a Corporate IT environment
* Bachelors or better in Computer Technology or related field.
* Technical training, certifications, or expertise with the following technologies:
o Azure AD, Active Directory, Microsoft O365, Windows10, Microsoft Exchange, Fortinet VPN, Site to Site VPN's, IP Networking, Anti-Virus/Malware products, PowerShell Scripting, PC Imaging software, ticketing systems
* Laptop imaging
* Technical Lead experience
* Apple, MAC, iPhone, iPad experience
* ITIL Foundations certification
* Creating groups in intune
* Powershell scripting
* Executive support
Keywords: Insight Global, Des Plaines , Service Desk Level 2, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
here to apply!