Training Coordinator I
Company: Gas Technology Institute
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 18, 2023
GTI Energy is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to assist in the daily operations of the Education and Training department. In this role, you will provide training coordination and administrative duties in support of activities and programs provided by the Education and Training Group to energy industry stakeholders.
Why GTI Energy?
GTI Energy offers generous benefits, competitive salaries, career advancement, and the opportunity to work in a professional R&D environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud of what we do because our work matters. GTI Energy is working toward solving global energy challenges in transitioning to a low-carbon economy. We have a proven track record in producing innovative ideas and commercializing solutions to deliver clean and reliable energy. At GTI Energy, we deliver innovative technology solutions for safe, efficient, and responsible energy.
So, what does that mean for you? You will work in a positive and respectful work culture that fosters growth, collaboration, and opportunity. You will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits, while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement of delivering clean energy to the world.
* Maintain annual training calendar and course materials, make changes as needed and have Communications team update website.
* Maintain Cornerstone site to ensure training offerings are up to date.
* Assist with maintaining, updating, and developing new training content using Articulate 360 application.
* Communicate training calendar changes to team and instructors, sends out weekly updates.
* Organize and update financial records (invoicing, POs, payments etc.). Maintain internal customer satisfaction and help meet group budget goals.
* Creates supplemental student materials for classroom courses, completes logistical and event planning for courses and events, and maintains course records and assists with ad hoc projects as needed within the Education group.
* Maintains and updates course and student records report out weekly status to group, retrieves student data as needed.
* Responds to customers in a clear and timely manner to incoming inquiries to group mailbox.
* Partners with Accounting on student transactions and invoicing. Track and update the status of transactions.
* Manage training materials and schedule for onsite and remote training programs.
* Administer and coordinate system support related to training activities such as course entry, participant enrollment, and course closeout.
* Manage customer specific training schedule needs.
* Manage distribution and collection of training course surveys from trainees and instructors.
* Create and distribute communications to internal and external stakeholders related to training activities.
* Work independently; set work priorities, plan workload, and make routine decisions.
* Maintain training supply levels, re-ordering supplies using cost effective vendors as necessary.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (5%)
* Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
* Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong communication and customer service skills.
* Strong attention to detail and data accuracy.
* Ability to interface effectively with customers face-to-face and remotely.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database programs including Teams and SharePoint.
* Previous experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
* Experience in Constant Contact preferred.
* Experience with Cornerstone software preferred.
* Experience with Articulate 360 application preferred.
* Ability to handle multiple assignments and assess and analyze data.
* Ability to work and support an onsite and remote team.
* Ability to operate media equipment such as projectors and personal computers.
Education and Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is preferred; a Bachelor's degree in Education, Business, Communications, or Marketing is preferred.
* One (1) year of related experience is preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
GTI Energy is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please e-mail us at HumanResources@gti.energy and we'll work with you to meet your accessibility needs. You must have legal authorization to work for GTI Energy on your date of hire with no further action required by GTI Energy. GTI Energy is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, minority/female/disability/veteran/sexual orientation.
Keywords: Gas Technology Institute, Des Plaines , Training Coordinator I, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
here to apply!