Company: Onesti Entertainment
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: November 26, 2022
REPORTS TO: Security Shift Lead or Security Manager
THE BASIC PURPOSE FOR THIS JOB:
The security officer performs activities necessary to the provision
of a safe and secure environment for employees and patrons of the
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OR END RESULTS EXPECTED:
1. Maintains a safe and secure environment in his/her assigned
area, investigating all unusual or suspicious incidents and
initiating corrective action as appropriate.
1.1 Assists security personnel and other Theatre employees as
necessary to ensure adequate monitoring and follow-up of unusual
and unsafe occurrences.
1.2 Provides assistance, direction and guidance in resolving
problems or complaints, informing Manager or Shift lead of
reportable situations and actions taken.
1.3 Enforces fire safety regulations.
2. Confidentiality and reports
2.1 Demonstrates discretion in handling confidential information;
maintains confidentiality of all Security related incidents and
Theatre related information.
2.2 Must possess good verbal and written communications skills.
2.3 Assists lead in completing injury reports anytime you are aware
of an employee or patron being hurt or potentially hurt while in
3. Responds to requests or inquiries for assistance.
3.1 Accepts lost and found items and follows up to locate owner
when possible. Unclaimed items are to be turned in to the box
office for safe keeping at the end of each show.
4. Responds to requests from employees and patrons for
4.1 Assists with transporting patrons in wheelchairs or those using
assist devices, when
4.2 Manages disorderly/disruptive/intoxicated patrons/situations by
5. Provides security and safety measures during emergencies.
5.1 Responds and assists during fire alarms, medical emergencies,
active shooter and all other emergencies
6. Assists Manager / Shift Lead
6.1 Informs Manager / Shift Lead of unusual activities,
investigations, observations and actions taken.
6.2. Performs other related duties as needed, or assigned by the
shift lead and/or Manager of security.
RELATIONSHIPS AND KEY CONTACTS
Supervised by: Shift Lead and / or Manager
Positions supervised: N/A
KEY INTERNAL CONTACTS/RELATIONSHIPS
Frequent contact with Theatre employees, ushers and patrons.
KEY EXTERNAL CONTACTS/RELATIONSHIPS
Occasional contact with local Police and Fire Department
- Duties are performed mostly interior and some exterior, which
will include some exposure to inclement weather.
- While responding to emergencies officers may be required to climb
up to 3 flights of stairs, some narrow and steep.
- While assisting patrons/employees, officers may encounter
exposure to bodily fluids especially during emergency medical
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to strenuous situations when dealing with patrons
or while removing or detaining patrons involved in illegal or
1. Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak the English
2. High school education or equivalent.
3. Must be at least 21 years of age (occasional handling of
4. Illinois Firearm Owners Identification card (FOID)
5. Previous live entertainment security experience and/or law
enforcement experience preferred.
6. CPR / AED certification or ability to obtain
7. Approved Security open hand tactics training certificate or
ability to obtain
8. Must be mature with a neat appearance.
9. Must have dependable means of transportation
10. Must have a mobile phone with texting capability
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Flexible schedule
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Des Plaines, IL 60016: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Onesti Entertainment, Des Plaines , Security/Safety Officer, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!