Company: European Imports
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Company: US1319 European Imports, Inc.Zip Code:60005Minimum
Level of Education:Bachelor's DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:2
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0 JOB SUMMARY
Procure, organize, translate, and maintain all necessary
documentation for compliance with the new FDA Foreign Supplier
Verification Program regulations working in close coordination with
merchandising department personnel and quality assurance department
- Solicit and/or facilitate the solicitation of foreign
supplier's specific food safety documents as required by the FDA
FSVP (Foreign Supplier Verification Program) regulations and Sysco
policy. Such documents, at minimum, include foreign
supplier/manufacturer HACCP Plans; GFSI Audit Certificates; GFSI
Audits: and Regulatory audits.
- Organize and Maintain up to date European Import FSVP (Foreign
Supplier Verification Program) and supplier files assuring the up
to date validity of supplier food safety audit and HACCP
certificates (most certificates are only valid for one year).
- Maintain European Import's Registrar Corp FDA Compliance
Monitor Logs to show compliance with the monitoring requirements of
the FSVP (Foreign Supplier Verification Program) regulations.
- Organize and Maintain complete electronic databases for all
foreign suppliers including individual manufacturers including
written communications, contact lists, and manufacturing facility
FDA registration numbers.
- Prepare and organize all foreign supplier documents for review
and approval or non-approval by the European Imports FSVP (Foreign
Supplier Verification Program) qualified individual (the EI Quality
- Monitor manufacturers' status on the Global Food Safety
Initiative (GFSI) approval lists.
- Keep a written record of monitoring activity.
- Using the FDA Compliance Monitor Logs monitor foreign suppliers
for FDA inspection classifications; FDA Warning Letters; and FDA
initiated Import Alerts.
- Keep a written record of monitoring activity.
- Maintain product list associated with each individual foreign
- Use automated translators (when available for language and
document type) to translate critical foreign supplier documents
- Proofread translated documents for accuracy.
- Calculate U.S. Customs and Border Protection Entry Summary
- Assist Quality Assurance Manager with product withdrawals and
recalls including contacting of individual customers; maintenance
of FDA required contact logs; and coordination of product return
and hold logs with the inventory control department.
- Work in coordination with the logistics coordinator in filing
and tracking transportation claims.
- Cross Train with European Imports Custom Broker for coverage as
- Assist in gathering and tracking necessary information for
European Imports brands product label update project in
coordination with European Imports merchandising department
- Solicit and maintain through the use of E-Bix, supplier hold
harmless agreements and updated certificates of insurance
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a Technical Field preferably
Public Health; Health Science; Biology; Microbiology; or Food
Science allowing for analytical thinking relative to the
interpretation of technical documentation.Experience
- 1-year food industry experience preferred.
- 1 - 2 years' experience utilizing general technical expertise
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is
- General working conditions - exposed to adverse conditions 5%
or less of time.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's
Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com HOW WE PROTECT OUR
ASSOCIATES COVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW: Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.Required
Keywords: European Imports, Des Plaines , Compliance Administrator, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!