Project Controls Scheduler
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that
make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly
way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe
Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things.
That's why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career
opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Project Controls scheduler is responsible for working closely with
UOP Equipment execution teams (technical experts, project leads,
and project managers) in planning, creating, and managing project
schedules and to provide Project Controls deliverables for new and
existing UOP Equipment projects and proposals.
* Leads the project planning process on allocated
* Accountable for accuracy & timely delivery of all project &
management reports related to the project schedules on allocated
* Facilitates project execution planning by utilizing the schedule
templates as a starting point for schedule creation. Reviews each
activity on the schedule with all project stakeholders to confirm
logic and duration of the activities, including equipment
fabrication and delivery.
* Develops project schedules for proposals upon request from all
equipment product lines and conducts schedule analysis to
understand the probability of the proposed schedule.
* Develops the project baseline schedule based on the UOP in-house
project execution database, contract conditions, while working with
all project stakeholders.
* Checks Schedule logic and durations of all activities, with
resource load abilities for certain activities, ensuring the
schedule is workable and achievable.
* Prepares project schedules for both internal and external
* Provide support to Project Management to incorporate approved
change orders in working schedules.
* Performs what if analyses for developing efficient project
schedules and work arounds
* Report and communicate earned value performance indicators from
schedules including cost and schedule variance, cost and schedule
performance and updating estimates to-complete and
* Maintains external schedule to client contractual requirements.
Conducts critical path analysis to identify the initial project
critical path(s) and the paths that have the potential to become
critical as the project progresses.
* Checks with engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction,
and other project stakeholders and obtains the activity progress
and updates the schedule regularly (weekly as minimum), analyzing
the current progress, comparing to baseline schedule. Reports any
* Conducts schedule deviation/variance analysis, raising the flag
to the PM and team for any negative impact on the completion, then
provides recommendations for recovery plan. Reviews key vendor
schedules (detailed designer, major equipment vendors, modular
fabricator, and installation contractor) with PM regularly.
Challenges the vendors to meet overall project needs based on
* Issues project progress reports (per agreed template as schedule
updates, S-curves, 4 weeks look ahead, rolling schedule, etc.)
* Actively participates in project review meetings & provides
clear, accurate project schedule assessment & gives proactive
advice to drive successful project completion and issues a project
control RAIL to track the actions.
* Participates in development of project controls tools &
* Participates in internal and external audits
You Must Have
* Bachelor's degree in a technical or engineering field
* 5+ years project scheduling experience
* Proficient in Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project. Planview
* Perform variance analysis on earned value, productivity trends
and critical path analysis; anticipate problems, communicate, and
advise the Project Management team on impacts to baselines;
participate in developing planned recoveries.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal and relationship
building communication skills
* Computer literate and experienced in Microsoft Office
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based
* Ability to make sound decisions and recommendations. Good
analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task; cope with the demands of simultaneous
* Preferred experience with Monto Carlo Analysis techniques,
schedule risk analysis, and Earned Value Analysis
* JOB ID: HRD144374
* Category: Business Management
* Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd,Des
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Des Plaines , Project Controls Scheduler, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!