Senior System Engineer
Company: 1016 Abt Molecular Inc.
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries.
An engineering position is available immediately at Abbott
Molecular, a division of Abbott Laboratories. We are looking for a
self-motivated engineer to work in the Instrument Product Support
team to provide technical support for newly launched and on-market
molecular diagnostics instruments.
The primary job functions for the role include:
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness
of the quality system.
- Completes professional level engineering assignments related to
a specific field or discipline. Participates in projects involving
the Design, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of complex
instrument subassemblies, systems or processes.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches required
to meet design and production requirements for new or enhanced
- Compiles and evaluates design and test data, prepares technical
specifications, and determines appropriate limits and variables for
product, process, or materials specifications.
- Coordinates with technical support personnel to conduct
prototype or experimental runs of products or processes.
- Analyze product requirements and other technical specifications
to determine if product is performing to requirements.
- Applies the results of reviews of literature, patents, and
current practices relevant to the solution of current
- Achieve best practices that meet medical device industry
standard, including design control and documentation
- Provide technical support to other Abbott functional areas,
including customer service, product quality assurance, commercial
operations, new product R&D, and manufacturing operations.
- Interface with product team members, manufacturing or design
engineer, R&D, marketing, regulatory (internal), site
engineering and third-party manufacturers.
Hands on experience in the following areas
- Design and testing of robotic systems
- Laboratory experimentation
- Use of scientific instruments
- Data analysis
- Highly self-motivated, creative and adaptable in developing
expertise in multiple fields of discipline and performing various
and varying roles in the organization Proficiency in technical
documentation and oral and written communication skills Capable of
effectively interfacing with cross-functional team members in
achieving common goals.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements for the medical device
industry, particularly the working experience in design control
Experience in mechanical, materials, biomedical and/or electrical
engineering applications Knowledge of molecular biology
Bachelor's degree required
4-6 yearprogressive work experience in a relevant technical
United States > Des Plaines : DP01
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods
(more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous
walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
EEO is the Law link - English:
EEO is the Law link - Espanol:
Keywords: 1016 Abt Molecular Inc., Des Plaines , Senior System Engineer, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!