Chemical Engineer III
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Innovate to solve the world's most important challengesThe
future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a
member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and
doers who make the things that make the future.UOP, a Honeywell
company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading
international licensor of processing technology and supplier of
engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment,
specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining,
gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a
century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP
has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our
industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
UOP is an international supplier of process technology, products,
engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum
refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and
is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and
petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the
continual development and improvement of petroleum refining,
petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production
technology.We offer a state-of-the-art environment along with
exciting career opportunities and highly competitive compensation.
In addition, we provide a comprehensive benefits program which
includes medical and dental coverage, 401 (k), pension plan, life
and disability insurance and tuition reimbursement plans.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work in the U.S. and
around the world as part of a Field Operating Service (FOS) team,
supported by technology experts from UOP s Operating Technical
Service. FOS advisors are on-site prior, during and after the
initial start-up of UOP technologies. They help to insure that the
plant and operators are ready for commissioning. Advisors are also
involved in the start-up and test runs that demonstrate guarantees
and are accountable for process, equipment, refining and
petrochemical insight and assist customers in resolving engineering
and operating issues.UOP advisors may remain at a site for a few
days to several months before moving to the next assignment. For
each start-up, advisors work with a number of UOP-licensed
processes and a variety of individuals within and outside of UOP.
The experience gained from each assignment, and the subsequent
interaction with other UOP employees, provide a solid background
for assessing and solving problems encountered in each situation in
various locations around the world.
As advisors gain experience they have opportunities to advance to
positions of increased accountability within the FOS organization.
After the experience they ve gained in FOS, engineers may choose to
pursue positions in UOP s Operating Technical Service, Engineering,
Equipment, Development, Manufacturing or Sales groups. Which ever
career path is pursued, the experience gained in FOS is key to both
personal development and the ability to contribute towards the
continued success of our customers.This position will serve as a
subset to the Process Technical Advisor position. This role will
specifically focus on the instrumentation packages; as such this
role will have more direct hands on customer
interaction.Accountabilities of this position include:
- Completing a detailed instrument checkout of new UOP process
units prior to initial start up in order to assure that the
completed unit conforms to UOP specifications as contained in the
Schedule A package.
- Providing field technical assistance and field support for
development activities in commercial units.
- Providing feedback including suggested improvements on UOP
- Troubleshooting and recommending solutions while also
addressing improvement and innovative problem solving.
- Following required safety procedures.
- Coordinating commissioning instrument activities
- Transferring technology to customers operating and engineering
- Reviewing emergency and normal operating procedures with
customer instrument personnel
- Advising customer instrument personnel on the establishment and
maintenance of the various process variables and instrument control
loops necessary to achieve safe and efficient operations
- Collecting and working up of unit operating data and laboratory
- Monitoring and advising on process operating conditions
- Advising customer personnel during the performance of various
activities routine to the long term operations of a UOP process
- Advising customers on scheduling, procedures, normal operating
variables and response to emergency situations and unscheduled
process changes, under the guidance of the Chief Technical Advisor
if availableMust Have:
- B.S. in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, or related
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the petrochemical, gas
processing or refining industry
- Experience with at least one of the following UOP technologies
(Catalytic Reforming, Hydrocracking, Hydrotreating, FCC, Merox
Treating, HF Alkylation, Paraffin Isomerization, Adsorptive
Separations (Parex and Molex), Xylene Isomerization and other
Aromatics processing, Cumene and Ethyl Benzene) is preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally and domestically and
reside onsite for long uninterrupted periods of time. (Typical
assignments are four to six months but one day to one year
- Flexibility to work hours that are dictated by customer
requirements and assignment scope
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational
- Strong customer focus, and the ability to work as part of a
- Ability to work in a physically challenging environment
- Ability to commit to be on the road at least 36 months.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and
- Ability to interact with customers on a global basis.We offer a
state-of-the-art engineering environment along with exciting career
opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits
US employment authorization required for full-time employment.
UOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Additional Information
JOB ID: HRD144340Category:
EngineeringLocation: FOS Group 50 E Algonquin Rd,Des
(GLOBAL)Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status. Associated topics:
chemical, chemical engineer, engineer, gas line, monomer, natural
gas, petrol, petroleum, petroleum and chemical, petroleum
Keywords: Honeywell, Des Plaines , Chemical Engineer III, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!