Registered Nurse-Hospice-Near North City
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: July 14, 2021
REGISTERED NURSE HOSPICE
This position is eligible for a $10,000.00 sign on bonus
paid out in 3 installments ($2,000.00 after start, $3,000.00
after 1yr., and $5,000.00 after 24 mos.). You must be
employed in the position at time of payout. Internal team
members are not eligible for this sign on bonus at this
- Territory will focus on Lincoln park, Lake View,
Uptown to Edgewater Communities
- Must be able to work one summer and one winter
- Must be able to rotate on an on call
- FULL TIME
JOB and UNIT SUMMARY:
Advocate At Home, a division of Advocate Health Care, is the
largest home health and hospice services in Illinois. The
Hospice Registered Nurse will provide Hospice services and
establish strong relationships with patients, families and
caregivers. All medical needs will be coordinated by the RN
who is case managing the patient and utilizing the resources of the
team, (i.e. social worker, CNA, MD, etc.) The Hospice Registered
Nurse assumes primary responsibility for the assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for assigned
patients. Hospice is a program designed specifically for people who
have chosen to change the plan of care for terminal illness from
aggressive medical treatment to palliative care.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will manage pain and symptoms so
patients can make the most of every day, focusing on living well
and with dignity.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will provide compassionate care to
patients and their family members at end of life.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will make every day count for
patients, families and care givers.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will document and connect with the
care team thru point of care documentation.
- The Registered Hospice Nurse will be required to make visits to
private residences which may not be accessible to people with
THE ADVOCATE HOSPICE NURSE:
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a
therapeutic relationship through the health care
- Responsible for documentation and communication of care,
medication and observations made during care of patient in order to
track responsiveness and health of patient.
- Responsible for providing appropriate patient/family education
to help patient/family achieve a pain free and comfortable
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive quality, cost effective
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- One year of medical surgical experience in an acute or subacute
- Current Illinois RN license
- Current CPR
- Earn 10.0 continuing education credits annually
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient
lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with
the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with
at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient
lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case
basis. Ability to assist with ambulation including turning and
transferring patients up to 200 pounds.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Des Plaines , Registered Nurse-Hospice-Near North City, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!