Workday Timekeeping Business Analysts
Company: Peterson Technology Partners
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This position is for the migration of both the HR and TIME
KEEPING functions where they currently use CERIDIAN Timekeeping and
will be working towards the option of WORKDAY Timekeeping for
future platform.The IT Business Analyst role partners with our
business to define areas of functional needand translate those
needs into requirements for project execution.
The primary areas of responsibility include:
- Understand and document business requirements
- Analyze current state and provide gap analysis to support
- Translate business needs into actionable technology
- Develop and describe business benefit
- Create and cascade reference and training material
- Deliver projects against business objectives and strategy while
ensuring a quality supportable product
- Develop long-term strategy and application/function roadmap
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate business stakeholders in a group setting in order to
identify root causes for technology inefficiency and large-scale
- Create business process documentation and drive streamlining
and simplifying of cross-functional documentation to make it easy
to find and use.
- Facilitate workshops to document As Is and To Be work process
flows using effective small group techniques.
- Use the best fit development methodology to turn improvement
opportunities into application requirements or user epics. Groom
one or more application backlogs.
- Engage with business users to ensure benefits are well
understood and properly documented.
- Develop complex user and training documentation and provide
train-the-trainer or direct user training as appropriate.
- Support and facilitate vendor selection process. Assist the BRM
with the vendor relationship at the project level.
- Partner w/Project Team to deliver against project roadmap,
while meeting Business project needs.
- Assist BRM in performing role of liaison between Business
Project Lead and technical team for project issue resolution.
- Provide input into and feedback of testing scripts. Identify
and engage business resources for user acceptance testing (UAT).
Analyzes test results to support resolution.
- Translate strategic intent to specific capabilities for the
initiative. Provide input into the area roadmaps.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation/Training:Bachelors Degree required, or
Related Experience:Minimum 5 years of experience in
Specific requirements for this department:Hands-on experience in
payroll and timekeeping technology; Workday, Kronos or
Ceridianpreferred.Previous experience in M&A integration
projects preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:Excellent written and
verbal communication skills.Strong group facilitation
skills.Familiarity with project management concepts and tools
include waterfall and agile.Ability to model business process.
Familiarity with standard flowcharting tools such as Visio
orLucidchart is preferred.Ability to manage application/product
backlogs. Familiarity with JIRA is preferred.
Keywords: Peterson Technology Partners, Des Plaines , Workday Timekeeping Business Analysts, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!