Senior Mortgage Underwriter - Remote Position
Company: Interfirst Mortgage
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join the team that's changing the mortgage industry. Interfirst
Mortgage Company (IMC) is a retail & wholesale lender originating
more than $35B of residential mortgages. Our leadership team has
over 100 years of mortgage, sales/marketing, and consumer-related
experience, with a 2020 business objective to grow our Retail
production. We are transforming the way consumers obtain
residential mortgages and our technology is paving the way for
licensed loan officers to shine. Our new, modern HQ in Rosemont is
located near major transportation hubs, entertainment, and dining
options and includes the latest tech and amenities.
Our IMC team is growing! The Senior Underwriter reports to the
Underwriting Manager and is primarily responsible for reviewing and
underwriting a variety of mortgage loans.. This role will interact
with members of the sales origination, loan processing,
underwriting, closing and funding teams and may communicate with
borrowers as needed..
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform mortgage credit analysis to determine borrower's
ability to pay
- Apply knowledge of secondary market guidelines, including
FNMA/FHLMC to underwrite loan; verify data against documentation
for income, assets, credit, property
- Review fraud reports and title document system as required,
complete checklists and summaries
- Maintain service level objectives ensuring all deadlines are
met and loans are accurately reviewed and documented.
- Respond to underwriting questions from internal and external
customers, providing clarity and direction as appropriate.
- Support the training efforts of new hires, as needed; assist
closing and post-closing as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements:
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
- Associates degree from two-year accredited college, or
equivalent and four or more years related mortgage industry
experience; or equivalent combination of education and
- Prior experience underwriting conventional and jumbo
- Experience with LOS systems, as well as DU/LP.
- Current knowledge of mortgage regulations and guidelines.
- Prior experience calculating income and reviewing income
statements. Preferred, but not required:
- Six or more years mortgage industry experience strongly
- Four or more years direct underwriting experience
- Deep knowledge of secondary market guidelines including
FNMA/FHLMC. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Self starter with ability to work independently
- Proficient using Google Docs Other:
Remote responsibilities available. Within a remote working
environment it is expected that employees are readily accessible
throughout the business day, responding quickly to email, chat,
phone, and other communications.
Interfirst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will
be considered for this position based upon your experience and
education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or
parental status, disabled, military or veteran status, or any other
basis or reason prohibited by any applicable law. We are committed
to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free
from any form of discriminations or harassment.
Keywords: Interfirst Mortgage, Des Plaines , Senior Mortgage Underwriter - Remote Position, Other , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!