Human Resources Generalist
Company: Nippon Express USA
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Nippon Express Company, Ltd. (NX) was founded in 1872 in Japan
and is headquartered in Tokyo. NX employs approximately 72,000
employees at 733 locations, in 47 countries and 314 cities around
the world. Nippon Express U.S.A., Inc. (NEU) was incorporated in
New York in 1962 as a fully owned subsidiary of NX. NEU provides
logistics solutions and comprehensive transportation services
through its international freight forwarding and logistics network,
including specialized handling of: air, land, sea and express
packages; all types and sizes of cargo; personal effects and
household goods; fragile and perishable freight; and livestock. NEU
also provides related services, such as warehousing, distribution
and customs brokerage and clearance. NEU operates at 55 locations
in 27 states within the U.S., with approximately 1300 employees.
NEU has enjoyed tremendous growth and success as one of the top
five international freight forwarders in the world. We connect
people with products throughout the world.Purpose: The purpose of
the Human Resources Generalist is to provide guidance, counsel and
support to Branch Management and Employees on the interpretation
and implementation of NEUs HR policies & processes to ensure
alignment, capability and engagement of all Branch employees in
order to achieve NEUs goals. This position will help support the
Midwest Regions HR Management Team and sit in a field role
supporting 100 employees.Essential Duties:
- Provide guidance, counsel and active support to local branch
and employees regarding implementation of HR policies and
- Manage/coordinate the Recruitment process for the Midwest
region including open requisitions, job postings, recruiting,
selection, hiring, orientation and on-boarding.
- Manage employee relations process for the local branch,
assuring fair and equitable resolution of issues.
- Ensure the local branch is in compliance with all applicable
Employment Laws and Regulations.
- Inform Sr. Manager, Human Resources of concerns or complaints
raised by client group which have potential for charges being filed
against the Company.
- Other appropriate duties as required.Minimum Requirements:
- 3 years broad Human Resource experience in all functional
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of federal, state employment labor laws and
- Ability to independently use HRIS systems.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office software products
- Strong knowledge of HR processes including; staffing, job
posting, annual performance review, promotion, merit increase and
bonus programs & processes for the BranchOrganization
- This position interacts with all levels of employees at the
Branch, Regional Administration HR, Head Office HR & Legal.
- Must be comfortable and effective in working with local
employees as well as rotational staff.
- May work with Federal & State Government AgenciesWork
- This position requires physical demands to include, but not
limited to standing, walking, sitting, bending, twisting, reaching,
lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, and carrying heavy objects
- Warehouse environment may be noisy and subject to varying
- Will work alongside drivers who are moving pallets on different
types of forklifts.Nippon Express offers a generous Employee
Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
after 30 days.
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Auto and
Home policies, Commuter Benefits, and much more.
- Generous Vacation and Sick time.Nippon Express USA provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Requisition ID: 2022-1434 External Company URL:
nipponexpressusa.com Telecommute: No
Keywords: Nippon Express USA, Des Plaines , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!