Company: TGI Friday's
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 24, 2022
A TGI Fridays Cook prepares a wide variety of foods according to
recipe requirements and to adhere to product sensitivities and
plate presentation. Ensures that all prepared food meets TGI
Fridays food safety and quality standards.
Specific responsibilities of the Cook include:
* Ensures that all prepared food meets TGI Fridays standard of
excellence, 100% recipe adherence, and adheres to product
sensitivity and plate presentation guidelines.
* Complies with all food safety rules, laws, protocols, and
* Places expo-ready food in the window using the appropriate zoning
* Keeps updated on recipe changes.
* Ensures proper execution of recipe procedures to maintain a high
quality and consistent product.
* Keeps entire kitchen clean; stocks and sets up rotation.
* Keeps prepared food continuously moving out of the kitchen.
* Communicates ticket times and potential problems with the service
staff, kitchen staff and Managers.
* Completes assigned prep work for stocking and set up of station.
Breaks down and cleans station thoroughly daily.
* Assists with Line Checks and ensures every product on assigned
station is within sensitivity guidelines and adheres to food safety
* Requisitions products on a timely basis.
* Operates and maintains equipment properly.
* Cleans and sanitizes throughout the shift.
* Ensures proper rotation of all products and stocks products to
* Labels, day dots and signs all products as appropriate.
* Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all
problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt
corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses
of action which may be taken. Requirements A TGI Fridays Cook must
be able to perform multiple tasks, while maintaining standards in a
high volume, fast-paced environment.
Additional specific requirements for the Cook include:
* Must produce items exactly according to recipe to ensure guest
satisfaction and control food costs in a high volume, fast-paced
* Must follow food handling and sanitation procedures to control
food costs and ensure overall safety
* Must be able to read guest orders
* Must be able to hear kitchen, window person and/or Manager
requests in the midst of loud background noise
* Must be able to stand, move and walk for entire shift
* Must be able to bend and stoop frequently
* Must be able to lift and carry sacks and cases of up to 70 lbs.,
up to 20 times per shift: places these items on high shelves and in
* Must be able to work frequently in a hot and damp environment
* Must be able to occasionally work in extreme cold temperatures in
walk in freezer
* Must be able to use hands 99% of the time
DISCLAIMER: THIS CONTENT REPRESENTS THE ROLE OF A TGI FRIDAYS INC.
EMPLOYEE. YOU ARE APPLYING TO A FRANCHISE LOCATION WHERE
FRANCHISEES MAY INCLUDE DIFFERENT OR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS.
PLEASE VERIFY ACTUAL REQUIREMENTS DURING THE INTERVIEW. Minimum Age
18 Ability to Lift 70 lbs Ability to Stand 6-8 Hours Yes Base Pay
Rate Minimum $8.00 Base Pay Rate Maximum $12.00
Keywords: TGI Friday's, Des Plaines , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!