Primary Therapist - Eating Disorder, Outpatient
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Primary Therapist is a therapeutic guide, journeying with the
clients on their road to recovery, from admission through
discharge. The Primary Therapist provides clinical assessments and
contributes insightful, practical and meaningful information to the
development of treatment plans. He/she orients new clients to the
treatment program and makes introductions to the staff and other
program participants. Each Primary Therapist carries a caseload and
provides clinical treatment in the form of, but not limited to,
individual, family and group counseling. As a member of the
treatment team, the Primary Therapist meets weekly in collaborative
fashion with the rest of the team to discuss cases. Licensed
clinicians (Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.) and registered
interns possess knowledge of dual diagnosis, eating disorders
and/or chemical dependency.Responsibilities
- Completes the Biopsychosocial assessment within one day of
admission (parent and/or resident components**)
- Completes the Comprehensive Treatment Plan and Integrated
Treatment Summary within three days of admission
- Identify weekly treatment goals and write contracts relative to
individual client needs
- Write and facilitate the Discharge Summary
- Individual psychotherapy sessions
- Conjoint family psychotherapy sessions
- Facilitate professional groups as assigned.
- Facilitate Multifamily and Alumni groups
- Interface with insurance companies, providing appropriate
clinical information to obtain initial certification and continuing
stay certification as required.
- Meets with each resident in individual session as clinically
indicated, provide psychotherapeutic interventions, to thoroughly
educate each resident to the CTP and its intent, target dates, and
- Is appropriately accessible to family members.
- Conjoint family therapy is scheduled at least once each week to
address issues related to the residents family experience. The
therapist ensures that each family member is fully educated to the
CTP, its goals and methods and the clients discharge plan. It is
key that the family know how to approach and implement all
- Meets with clients within twenty-four hours of admission to
establish therapeutic rapport.
- Facilitates group therapy, workshops, and educational groups as
directed by the program schedule.
- Assesses suicidality and possibility for danger to self or
- Charts each clients progress throughout the treatment
- Charts after each individual, group, and family session.
- Educates each client as needed.
- Begins and ends groups timely.
- Creates a written plan for continuing care (DC plan) and
- The Primary Therapist attends all treatment planning meetings,
all treatment review and goals setting groups, in-service
trainings, and general staff meetings and clinical retreats.
- The Primary Therapist oversees the daily treatment experience
of each of his/her clients.
- The Primary Therapist may provide additional clinical support
for other members of the clinical team in their absence.This is a
full-time position that will workTuesday-Friday 11am-7pm and
Saturday9am-3pm.For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit
our website atcenterfordiscovery.com.
- The Primary Therapist must possess a Masters or Doctorate
degree in an appropriate field
- Clinicians must be licensed or registered in the state in which
they are applying
- Center for Discovery utilizes MFT and LCSW interns and
psychological assistants under the supervision of an appropriate
Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- The Primary Therapist must have at least one year in acute care
or residential treatment or closely related experience.
- Must understand the therapeutic process, understand
confidentiality laws, and have strong knowledge of professional
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership abilities, and be able
to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural
- Must demonstrate tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a
professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us atdiscoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Des Plaines, IL - 60019 ,
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Des Plaines , Primary Therapist - Eating Disorder, Outpatient, Healthcare , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!