Company: Oakton Community College
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 11, 2022
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting
where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
- Provide nursing care to students and employees within the
limitations of the Medical Consultant guidelines including health
maintenance with the emphasis on preventive care.
- Provide emergency care both within and outside the Health
- Assess and document medical conditions according to specific
- Maintain infection control principles with the proper disposal
of blood borne pathogen waste.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the conditions most commonly
encountered and seek assistance when unfamiliar with a patient's
diagnosis or plan of care.
- Administer medication per Medical Consultant's standing orders
and be aware of potential side effects, accepted dosage, patient
allergies, and accepted routes of administration.
- Perform diagnostic testing per Medical Consultant's standing
orders and follow-up with prescribed treatment or
- Educate Allied Health Career students regarding their health
requirements and review medical records necessary for medical
- Maintain confidentiality of health records and all personal
health information set forth in Federal and State laws and
- Maintain inventory of medications, supplies, equipment and
- Develop and participate in campus-wide health and wellness
education events in collaboration with the Des Plaines Health
Services nursing staff.
- Provide nursing coverage for the Des Plaines Health Services
office when needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Licensed Register Nurse
- Current Illinois RN licensure.
- Active employment in the nursing field within the last five
years or a certificate in a registered nurse refresher course.
Work requires the ability to perform various sensory requirements
such as reaching with hands and arms, and handle objects, tools, or
controls, talk and hear, smell, and stand and walk in order to
assess and treat the patient accurately and effectively. Work
requires the ability to occasionally lift items or exert force of
up to 75 pounds.
Hours: Temporary position and hours are as needed
Salary: $26.10 per hour
Campus: Des Plaines and Skokie, some travel may be required
Oakton is accessible by public transportation
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a
Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home
policy and employees, are required to report to campus.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of
the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are
Keywords: Oakton Community College, Des Plaines , Relief Nurse, Healthcare , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!