Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) - Golf Surgical Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Location: US-IL-Des Plaines# of Openings: 1Category: Per
DiemSystem ID: 10313Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Opened in 1988, Golf Surgical Center is a multi-specialty ASC
uniquely equipped with 5 operating rooms, a GI Room, an Eye Laser
Room and a Minor Procedure Room. Golf Surgical Center is fully
licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health and Medicare,
and fully accredited by AAAHC. Specialties offered are: Pain
Management, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Ophthalmology,
Dental, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery,
Podiatry and Urology
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Functions as a certified scrub technician in the operating
room/procedure room under the direction of the Registered
- Assists with gowning and gloving other members of the surgical
- Assists with the preparation of the operating room for surgical
- Assists with skin preparations and with draping of
- Assists with care, preparation, maintenance and after-care of
sterile and un-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Knows and practices the principles and procedures of sterile
- Handles specimens in accordance with facility policy and
- Removes drapes at end of procedure, cleanses the patients of
prep solution and applies dressing as needed.
- Cleans and/or disinfects instruments and equipment after use
and returns it to the proper area for storage or processing.
- Participates in sponge, instrument and needle count with the
- Demonstrates ability to understand and use sterilizers,
high-level disinfectors, instrument washers, and other designated
- Demonstrates ability to understand use, function,
interpretation, documentation, and record-keeping of chemical and
biological indicators related to instrument and equipment
high-level disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Demonstrates understanding of operating room/procedure room
technical equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines, policy
- Assists with stocking, replenishing and preparation of
- Updates knowledge in surgical techniques and related nursing
- Checks updated schedule every morning and prepares room
supplies and equipment.
- Graduate of a recognized and accredited Certified Surgical
- Current BLS certification.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in either a hospital or
ambulatory surgical center setting required. Strong Orthopedic
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing and
- Ability to perform lifting and transporting of patients; and
lifting of instrument trays and equipment weighing up to 50
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to organize work
in order of importance.
- Ability to work effectively in stressful situations and in a
variety of peri-operative environments.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#SurgicalTech #SurgicalTechnologist #HealthcareJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates PI133072362
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Des Plaines , Surgical Technician Certified (Pool) - Golf Surgical Center, Healthcare , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!