Business Development Operations Director
Company: HUB International Limited
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 28, 2023
**This role is fully remote. Ideal candidates will be in CST or
EST time zones.**
In a rapidly changing world, HUB advises businesses and individuals
on how to prepare for the unexpected. As one of the world's largest
insurance brokers, our focus is dedicated to providing our
customers with the peace of mind that what matters most will be
protected - through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance
solutions that put our clients in control. Our growing team of
professionals across North America represents a broad, deep, and
one-of-a kind aggregation of entrepreneurs and leaders recognized
for their excellence throughout the insurance community.
- Efficiently manage multiple sales and marketing functions in
support of the Strategic Partners team.
- Provide pre-sales support by helping to identify, design and
execute targeted campaigns by industry that generate qualified
leads for Strategic Partners Business Development Directors.
- Responsible for building and managing Strategic Partners
prospect databases in CRM, Excel, etc. that generates and tracks
new business opportunities for Strategic Partners Business
- Provide pre-sales support by identifying Strategic Partner
prospects, research key executives by persona and scheduling
preliminary discussions and demos for Strategic Partners
- Work closely with leaders to develop account intelligence,
relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct
account engagement and insight tools.
- Assist in optimizing lead management processes in CRM, Excel,
LinkedIn, etc., that streamline lead capture, assignments,
distribution, nurturing, tracking, and reporting.
- Assist Strategic Partners Business Development Directors
prepare accurate, up to date and professional pitch
- Assist Strategic Partners team, marketing team and outside
vendors in identifying and planning strategies for various prospect
industries conferences and meetings.
- Identify high value targets at events and recommend appropriate
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships at all
levels, collaborating with different areas across the organization
to create a strong customer orientation.
- Accountable for successful delivery of timely and accurate
creation of internal and external deliverables.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of policies and
procedures to standardize the Strategic Partners team's business
practices and customer needs.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, insurance or risk
management, information systems or related field, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in business, insurance, software
industries with B2B and/or B2C sales.
- 10+ years of experience in a client-facing role, either
internal or external clients.
- Strong communication and change management skills.
- Experience creating or using client-facing and executive level
presentations with Microsoft software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word,
- Experience creating and implementing templates/documents for
various business/data reporting, tracking, and forecasting.
- Experience providing input, participating in the development
of, and launching product enhancements.
- Experience with insurance industry is a plus. One or more of
the following insurance lines is preferred: P&C, Employee
Benefits, Specialty Retail, Retirement and Private Wealth, 401k
Pension Benefits, or MGA / MGU / Wholesale.
- Experience implementing Policy Administration Systems and other
common insurance applications is a plus.
- Potential travel up to 25% of the time.
Knowledge And Skills
- Effective task management and prioritization, able to
efficiently manage timelines, resources, and various solutions to
- Excellent internal and external client relationship management
skills, and effective management of internal and external
expectations, including key stakeholders at Strategic
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates
to achieve great results.
- Able to run point on projects when needed to represent the
Strategic Partners team. Understanding the team's priorities and
making sound decisions with a customer focus and financial
- Can act as the key point of contact for the assigned
integration projects to promote effective and timely
- General working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint and Power
Apps, workflow engines and other software platforms.
- Active Listening - Consultative salespeople enhance mutual
understanding in communicating with others by expressing genuine
interest in, and providing full attention to, the content and
meaning of others' messages.
- Relationship Building - They develop effective long-term
professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that
they will always work toward the best interest of those involved
and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive
- Leadership - One of the key responsibilities of leaders is
motivating their teams. Therefore, it's important for leaders to
understand motivation strategies and how each of their individual
team members are best motivated.
- Influence and Persuasion - Consultative salespeople are
effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing
others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a
specific type of impression, or take a specific course of
- Interpersonal Sensitivity - They relate effectively to other
people, sense the impact of their own behavior upon others, and
modify their approach in order to achieve productive outcomes.
- Accountability - They take responsibility for their own
performance and accept full ownership of issues, problems, and
opportunities, regardless of the source.
- Information Seeking - Consultative salespeople are driven by an
underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people,
or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and
includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving
discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting
less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or
miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
- Decision-making - Typically, decision-making processes involve
brainstorming decisions and outcomes, choosing the best decision
and monitoring the results of the decision. Leaders should be able
to analyze the potential effects of different decisions to make the
best possible decisions for their projects.
- Business Acumen - Is an understanding of business and what to
do in different business situations. Having business acumen skills
helps leaders make good business decisions, which can contribute
heavily to the success of their projects.
- Negotiating - They identify key bargaining points for all
parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
- Strategy Creation - They have an understanding of how their
projects affect their entire organization. This can help them
create strategies that lead to successful projects and important
- Service Focus - They place emphasis on creating customer
loyalty by continually enhancing the customer experience. They show
the capacity to identify and understand the needs of customers,
manage expectations, and give priority to meeting and exceeding
- Composure and Resiliency - They are able to deal effectively
with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic
and persistent, even under adversity. They have the ability and
propensity to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, and
conflicts and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or
- Risk Management - Skills in risk management can help spot
project risks and respond to them before they cause problems. This
can be essential to completing projects safely and without
Department Business Operations
Required Experience: 10-15 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of
race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or
any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws,
rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement
is available here at
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users.
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193
or USRecruiting@hubinternational.com. This contact information is
for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact
information to inquire about the status of applications.
Keywords: HUB International Limited, Des Plaines , Business Development Operations Director, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...