Distribution Center Operations Manager
Company: HD Supply
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: March 20, 2023
We're seeking a Distribution Center Operations Manager to oversee
operations of our facility in Northlake, IL. Reporting to the
building leader, you will directly coach and lead a team of
assistant managers, and warehouse associates. You will provide
strategic and innovative leadership regarding employee engagement,
process improvement and KPI tracking. As a key member of the
leadership team, you will help us to provide performance to our
customers, shareholders and associate family. Your day will start
at 9:00 AM.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is plus but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in high volume, 300K Sq. Ft.+
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct reports and
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Outbound, replenishment, pick mod, case pick, repack and
freight experience is required.
- KPI reporting and coaching around data.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience with 5S, lean processes, Six Sigma
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with key
- SAP EWM or similar warehouse management software
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.Perks of working for HD
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Quarterly Bonus EligibilityJob SummaryResponsible for the
day-to-day management of people and processes necessary to support
the Operations function. Responsibilities include overseeing
payables, freight and expense procurement, maintenance, data
management, audit and recovery, data entry and various operations
support. May also be involved in the ongoing analysis and planning
for operational audits, Sarbanes Oxley audits, acquisition
integrations, and any other operational compliance reviews. May
provide coordination between Financial, Operational, and Systems
reviews for the group to provide economy, efficiency, and
effectiveness of total activities. Major Tasks, Responsibilities,
and Key Accountabilities
- Facilitates and drives process development, training programs
and procedural efficiencies, including the development of processes
and the oversight of procedural implementation. Oversee the
continual review and refinement of operational processes and
procedures. Develop, implement, and monitor Standard Operating
Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies and analyzes issues directly impacting operational
areas, including pricing, inventory, receiving and freight. Creates
metrics from reports to measure operational issues and communicate
findings to management. Prepares, analyzes and distributes
- Develops training materials and conducts training on
administrative functions. Creates reference manuals, job aids, and
web-based training sessions.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of
the business including but not limited to Finance, Merchandising,
Operations, Logistics, HR and IT.
- Leads, plans and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner
to effectively perform operational audits of functions and
activities. Utilizes metrics to track performance and manage
workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are
compliant and consistent with established policies.
- May manage the Six Sigma/Process Excellence initiative.
- May assist with acquisition integrations and system conversions
to ensure operational excellence and internal/external
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+
years of experience in a related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Keywords: HD Supply, Des Plaines , Distribution Center Operations Manager, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...