Executive Director Behavioral Health Services
Company: Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI), is a leading
not-for-profit organization providing healing, justice and
wholeness to people and communities in the State of Illinois. For
over 150 years, LSSI has made a difference in the lives of children
and families, and we're still a strong, viable presence in the
State of Illinois, continuing that commitment to making a
difference. LSSI has a great opportunity for an Executive Director,
Behavioral Health Services. This position is full-time.The
successful candidate will lead a service network providing an array
of mental health and substance use services in Chicago and parts of
Northern Illinois. Benefits and Perks: LSSI is growing! Come be a
part of this rewarding environment, and enjoy the knowledge that
youre helping make a positive difference in the lives of others,as
well as these career advantages:
- On Demand Flexible Paydays for earned wages through an app
called Dayforce Wallet.
- Competitive salary based upon relevant education, experience
- Opportunity for advancement.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare insurance,
up to 26 days of paid time off per calendar year, 11 paid holidays,
sick time, 403(b) plan, Employee Assistance Program, and flexible
- The paid training you need to learn, grow, and
- Manage day-to-day operations for a complex service network with
multiple administrative procedures and requirements, as well as a
multi-faceted clinical service array.
- Supervise, coach, and mentor leaders overseeing crisis
services, mental health services for adults, children, and
families, and substance use treatment.
- Lead implementation of a newly funded planning grant to
establish a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic
- Develop and perform to operational budget for service
- Implement systems of accountability to ensure productivity and
performance requirements are met.
- Effectively communicate organizational strategic priorities and
program goals to employees.
- Develop plans for new programs or program improvements,
identifying processes, milestones and executing to
- Masters degree in social work or related human services field
is strongly preferred. Will consider masters degree in business or
similar with healthcare experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in direct service including 3
years of supervisory experience at program until level.
- Demonstrated creative program planning, collaboration skills
and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Periodic driving to visit program sites andattend meetings; if
driving for work, valid state drivers license in good standing is
- Hybrid schedule available. However, position will require the
successful candidate to be in the office 2 to 3 days per week and
possibly more as needed. The position will also be required to
travel in the Northern Region of the State including Chicago.We are
an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, pregnancy, any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Lutheran Social Services of Illinois, Des Plaines , Executive Director Behavioral Health Services, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!