SBA Portfolio Manager
Company: Wintrust Financial
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50
billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC.
Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated
technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on
providing service-based community banking to each and every
customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries
with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern
Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various
non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance
premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing,
out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and
purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary
services for tax-deferred exchanges.Why Join Us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the
Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by
the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and annual discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition
reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to
grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within cultureSBA Portfolio ManagerThe SBA
Portfolio Manager will not have individual lending authority. This
position will have authority for the adjudication of periodic
overdrafts.The incumbent is expected to successfully perform all
duties of a SBA Portfolio Manager. The incumbent is responsible for
developing a working knowledge of current Credit Administration
procedures, Bank Loan Policy, FIS/Metavante, Word, Excel, and SBA
Standard Operating Procedures.What You Will Be Doing:
- Make and Maintain relationships with community bankers,
business bankers, SBA team members and Managed Assets Department
within Wintrust Community Banks to appropriately service the
existing SBA portfolio and ensure continued SBA compliance.
- When appropriate, introduce other Wintrust partners to small
business contacts, prospects and bank customers.
- Evaluates SBA servicing requests using a thorough knowledge of
loan policy, guidelines, procedures and SBA standard operating
procedures. When appropriate, prepare credit memorandums
documenting servicing approvals.
- Review of loan documentation, appraisals, and environmental
reports to ensure compliance with both SBA SOPs and internal loan
- Analyzes industries and have a thorough knowledge of risk
associated with those industries. Assesses the risk inherent in
each industry and perform credit analysis to determine appropriate
- Prepare, submit and follow-up o SBA required loan packages
(Guaranty Purchase, Offer in Compromise, Litigation Plans,
Charge-Off Requests, & Care and Preservation of Collateral.
- Monitor tickler system report (Moody's) for accurate tracking
and reporting of borrower required reporting including financial
statements, tax returns, annual site visits, etc. Takes proactive
steps to remedy exceptions keeping them to a minimum at all
- Prepare monthly reports for management review and SBA
semi-annual reports properly and timely.
- Exhibits thorough knowledge of fair lending issues, rules and
various regulations that directly impact the commercial lending
area (e.g. Regulation B, FACT Act, HMDA, CRA, etc.)
- Demonstrates effective time management by balancing multiple
priorities within individual workload.
- Communicates with and effectively interacts with all levels of
management, including credit administration personnel, loan
operations staff, managed assets and related departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree. Preferably in a business related field such
as accounting or finance.
- Minimum of 0-3 years of commercial underwriting, small business
banking or general banking experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Thorough knowledge of Word and Excel.
Comfortable with and adaptive to working in an evolving electronic
- Problem solver and good with reading and comprehending manuals
and procedures.From our first day in business, Wintrust has been
proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all
walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank - and Wisconsin's Bank -, we
need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we
serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and
our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation,
including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age,
disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Wintrust Financial, Des Plaines , SBA Portfolio Manager, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!