Produce Food Safety Quality (FSQ) Manager- (Blended: Onsite/IL & Work from Home)
Company: US Foods
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Manager Food Safety Quality for PRODUCE is responsible for
managing the food safety and quality risks of the designated
product categories. The FSQ Manager will partner with
cross-functional teams to define product specifications and
evaluate manufacturers and exclusive branded product within the
category. The FSQ Manager will proactively work with exclusive
brand suppliers to build process controls to reduce/eliminate food
safety and quality risk failures to deliver with excellence to our
New Ways of Work : This position has been segmented as blended
meaning the work is a combination of 2 days onsite In Rosemont, IL
and 3 days remotely as defined by the role segmentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance of all assigned suppliers to US Foods
requirements regarding food safety, quality and regulatory
compliance, approving/suspending/restricting/disqualifying as
required. Responsible to monitor approximately 50-100 vendor
facilities depending on the category supported. (10-50
- Collaborates with all existing vendors within the category to
maintain product specifications for branded products to ensure
consistent adherence to food safety and quality requirements. This
requires teaming up with the category management team to hold
suppliers accountable to US Foods requirements.
- Conducts vendor facility risk assessments both through
reviewing documentation and by conducting on-site inspections for
- Technical expert for assigned product categories in the
following areas: regulatory performance standards, critical to
quality attributes, applicable state laws, processing techniques,
environmental monitoring and general microbiology.
- An active member of the merchandising cross functional category
team enabling commercial success through maintenance of food safety
standards and food regulatory compliance requirements while
balancing innovation and commercialization needs.
- Provides and educates cross functional partners with food
safety and quality subject matter expertise including policies and
regulations (including those specific to their categories such as
FSIS, Low Acid Canned Food Processing, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance,
- Must be technical expert for specific regulatory programs
related to assigned product category.
- Partners with Product Development to design new products and
define product specifications and plays a key role in the product
review process. Provides ongoing diligence by ensuring product
conformity to defined specifications and managing the internal and
supplier approval process.
- Participates in plant trials and/or first productions, as
appropriate, for new products. Accountable for ensuring that the
product meets the brand standard at both the food safety and
- Actively manages supplier, customer and internal feedback to
move US Foods to a proactive/predictive state in managing product
quality and driving continuous improvement.
- Analyze complaint and product evaluation data to identify
trends and opportunities with products and vendors to drive
continuous improvement. Compile and issue quarterly FSQ scorecard
to assigned vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of science for the role,
(e.g. food science, dairy science, meat science, animal science,
plant science, engineering, microbiology, etc.) or commensurate
- PCQI/HACCP certified
- Auditor certification strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years Food Safety Quality management experience with
responsibility for developing, implementing and managing food
safety programs and policy
- Demonstrated knowledge with FDA (FSMA) & USDA regulatory
requirements and food safety systems
- 2 years experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Strong leader and mentor
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize;
- Deep understanding of environmental monitoring programs
- Deep knowledge/understanding and application of FSMA/Preventive
Controls, Food Safety Plan design, measurement, documentation and
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including the ability to
relate and positively influence at all organizational levels
- Up to 20--30% travel - Some travel may be out of the
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Associated topics: emr, environment, hazard, healthy, nursing,
physician, safe, wastewater, wastewater treatment plant, water
Keywords: US Foods, Des Plaines , Produce Food Safety Quality (FSQ) Manager- (Blended: Onsite/IL & Work from Home), Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!