Company: European Imports
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 25, 2022
US1319 European Imports, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 25%
Responsible for managing or performing work across multiple areas
of finance, including financial planning and analysis, financial
control, accounting, tax, treasury, accounts payable/receivable,
and credit and collections. Activities include: Financial
Financial data verification. Month-end Close Management &
Consolidation Reporting. Compiling/maintaining ad-hoc financial
information. Monthly & Quarterly Management Reporting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee month end close process, review of account
reconciliations and BPC reporting
- Determine the key drivers of variances versus plan, prior year
- Participate in the oversight of Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Agent of change willing to challenge status quo and
develop/streamline processes across the organization that impact
- Responsible for performance management and development of
- Assist in preparation key internal monthly financial reports
and presentation materials for monthly and quarterly business
- Play a key role in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process and
monthly forecast process
- Work with each department to ensure they understand the overall
forecast and how the impact of the key initiatives they are
responsible for is reflected in the forecast.
- Astute in ensuring key controls are maintained and operating
effectively in the finance department
- Manages the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers,
accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost,
property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Manages internal audits involving a review of accounting and
- Coordinates the preparation of external audit materials and
external financial reporting.
- Identify opportunities to control costs and reduce expenses
recommendations to management to improve profitability.
- Quantify the financial impact of key cost control
- Support the CFO on key business strategic initiatives and adhoc
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or
- MBA or Master's in a business field preferred
- At least 5 years of financial analyst and/or accounting
- Prior managerial experience
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Analyze data and draw logical conclusions and recommendations
from the data.
- Ability to lead and direct clerical positions.
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Word and Excel.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.Required
Keywords: European Imports, Des Plaines , Finance Manager, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!