Market Business Manager - Sysco Speciality Companies
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 17, 2022
US1319 European Imports, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Up to 50%
Responsible for driving revenue within Sysco sites in their
assigned market. Market Business Manager will be assigned specific
operating sites within Sysco and provide European Imports support
as needed to the operating sites, customers and internal
departments within their assigned market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships within assigned Sysco market level team,
regional level teams and follow up on business goals.
- Driver new business through by leading a tea of business
developers. The business manager will be responsible for the
training, day to day coaching and driving of results through the
business development team.
- Participate in quarterly and annual business reviews with their
assigned Sysco markets, regions and sites.
- Support and participate in training and offer encouragement for
the sales force with particular emphasis on facilitating sales
through Site Product Specialist.
- Identify underperforming Sysco sites and develop improvement
- Communicate relevant product and marketing information to key
Sysco site players.
- Support the sales force in selling products to customers.
- Work with Sysco sales force on facilitating quotes to increase
- Prepare presentations and train and participate in monthly
sales meetings at Sysco regions and sites.
HS diploma/equivalent; Bachelor degree preferred; 2-5 years prior
foodservice sales experience, specialty food and chain sales a
plus; specialty food experience preferred; valid driver's license;
advanced computer skills required; customer centric and internet
savvy; bilingual Spanish preferred; superior time-management and
project management skills including ability to service multiple
customers simultaneously; knowledge or marketing principles,
product lines, ordering procedures and credit terms;
familiarization with customer service activities;
inter-departmental communications and
general finance concepts; ability to manage end to end initiatives
through challenging deadlines; ability to sell, multi task and
- General working conditions - exposed to adverse conditions 5%
or less of time.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and
fingers to operate a computer
- keyboard, mouse and telephone to talk and hear. Frequently
required to sit and reach
- with hands and arms and must occasionally lift and/or move up
to 30 pounds.
- General supervision is received from the Director of Sales.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Des Plaines , Market Business Manager - Sysco Speciality Companies, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!