Company: J.A. Watts
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: May 16, 2022
J. A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) is a woman-owned professional services firm
that believes in treating its clients and employees like family at
every level of our company. Our family culture is what we're known
for, and we work to stay true to who we are. That's how we manage
our projects and how we recruit THE Best People in our industry.
Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we, which makes
us stronger together. This role is fully responsible for
understanding the overall project scope and managing all aspects of
assigned projects including planning, design, procurement,
oversight of construction, closeout, stakeholder coordination,
scheduling, cost control, safety and quality functions. The Project
Manager shall lead by example and personify the Company's Mission,
Vision, and Values; taking ownership of their assigned project. The
Project Manager may be assigned a group of several smaller projects
or one large project to manage. Projects are a part of the Capital
Improvement program that upgrades International Terminal 5 at
Chicago O'Hare with scopes including display system upgrades,
interior and exterior surveillance upgrades, and system
infrastructure upgrades. This position will report directly to the
Program Manager. Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish clear lines of reporting within the project and team
organization, as well as define clear roles and responsibilities
for the team members to increase efficiencies and to reduce
duplication of effort.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and
performance standards within boundaries of company policy and
- Ensure effective communication is always maintained within the
team structure and with Senior Management.
- Understand the JWI contract and the responsibilities
- Responsible for collaborating with clients, sub-consultants,
and contractors to define work procedures and resolve complaints
and construction problems.
- Manage project staff and job site activities. Investigate
potential situations and implement corrective measures as
necessary. Develop contingency plans in advance to mitigate
- Responsible for all financial aspects of project contracts,
including labor, expenses, and staffing projections, to protect the
- Maintain a positive relationship with the client at all
- Write technical documents, testing plans, and proposals.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained on a regular
- Complete weekly and monthly reports concerning work progress,
costs and scheduling. Develop a preliminary project schedule;
coordinate schedule updates and distribute internally and
externally; receive, analyze and monitor the contractor's schedule
for a level of detail, accuracy, and logic.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy
meetings. Schedule and lead job meetings. Assemble and distribute
- Responsible for interviewing, recommending, and negotiating
contractual service agreements. Prepare and negotiate revisions,
changes, and additions to contractual agreements with architects,
consultants, clients, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Provide guidance, direction, and oversight to junior level
Project Managers on assigned projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that project deliverables are on time,
within budget and at the required level of quality.
- Produce and monitor punch list items; manage the closeout
process to completion.
- Produce and review design plans, specifications, and cost
- Perform other duties as may be required/directed.
- A bachelor's degree in construction management, architecture or
engineering, or equivalent work experience; EIT or Professional
Engineer a plus.
- 4-8 years of project management experience, preferably in
engineering, construction management, or program management;
experience in transportation, construction, or aviation industries
- General knowledge of contract management and
- Advanced interpersonal, administrative, and organizational
skills, including the ability to negotiate and resolve
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to balance multiple priorities, work and
communicate effectively in a team environment to meet
- Active participation in industry organizations a plus.
- Experience using Procore, MS Office suite, and other
industry-related project management software. AutoCAD knowledge a
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employee and
family. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability,
and voluntary life options.
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Professional development and tuition assistance.
- Company-sponsored social events.EEO/AA:
Keywords: J.A. Watts, Des Plaines , Project Manager, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!