Director, Global Service Business Operations - Abbott Molecu
Company: Abbott Laboratories
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Director, Global Service Business Operations - Abbott Molecular
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more
fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing
technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading
businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices,
nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues
serve people in more than 160 countries. At Abbott Molecular, we
realize the potential of personalized care as the laboratory's most
trusted and preferred source for molecular diagnostic solutions. We
are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified
healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical
diagnostics. Our location in Des Plaines, IL currently has an
opportunity for a Director, Global Service Business Operations .
The Director, Global Service Business Operations is responsible for
new business processes and tools designed to differentiate Abbott
from the competition as premier service provider. Key enablers
driven from the team this position leads include Active Sense
Technology SMART centers, technical call centers, asset management,
business development, and service best practices to support margin
improvement. This role will also lead the Global Service PMO, which
manages the project portfolio to deliver high impact programs that
significantly improve productivity, maintain our customer
experience/loyalty measurement programs, and standardize training
curriculums and programs for customers and employees. WHAT YOU'LL
- Responsible for the Customer Service Nep Promotor Score (NPS)
- Drive customer improvements and accountable for maintaining an
NPS score stablished by the market and business.
- Implement standardized project planning and control
- Develop, lead, and maintain the Lean Six Sigma program
throughout Global Service.
- Responsible to lead development and implementation of proactive
and predictive prognostic health monitor program for on market
- Oversee the establishment of a standardized service training
program including needs assessment, instructional design,
curriculum development, program delivery and effectiveness
- Drive best practices use of systems, applications, tools and
business processes across AMD Service to drive key commercial
- Ensure high impact programs are conceived, planned, executed
tracked and resourced appropriately to meet financial objectives as
defined by the Division's Long-Range Plan.
- Enhance organizational capability and provide direction for
business excellence (e.g., value stream mapping, 6-sigma, lean,
design excellence) in global service to ensure best in class
- Advise on field force effectiveness including metrics
development and use, technology access, training and
certifications, and continuous maximization of best practices.
- Evaluate incentive system and recommend necessary adjustments
to make sure is aligned with business strategy and is driving the
expected behaviors and outcomes.
- Achieve service sales for parts, time, and materials and
- Establish and implement process for charging out service
time/material to internal departments who utilize services.
- Be accountable for the global service P&L.
- Direct the work of a broad range of technical and support
- Coach and mentor team members across multiple diverse projects
on performance and developmental needs. Accountability
- This position reports to the General Manager of Global Service
and has direct impact on the ability of the organization to meet
short term and long-term objectives for profitability and customer
- Interacts with multiple internal and external stakeholders in
multiple geographies to ensure programs and solutions developed
could be effectively deployed on a global basis.
- Processes and tools developed under this position
responsibility have a direct impact in gross margin and revenue
acceleration. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING Required
- Bachelor's Degree in business, life sciences, engineering, or
related technical discipline.
- 10+ years' experience in Service P&L, Fiscal
Responsibility, or Customer Satisfaction.
- 5+ years' experience in project management, and the direct
leadership of teams.
- The ability to travel 30-40% domestically and internationally.
- MBA preferred.
- Combination of experience and/or exposure to service,
operations, and business development desired.
- Experience engaging multiple stakeholders and different team
sizes, demonstrated ability to lead broad organizational changes
and large scope/impact initiatives. WHAT WE OFFER-- -- At Abbott,
you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We
- Training and career development , with onboarding programs for
new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives
and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental,
vision, wellness and occupational health programs--
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match--
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial
performance and history of being actively involved in local
communities-- Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse
opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength
to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.-- Get tailored job recommendations
based on your interests.
- JOB ID: 30972361
- LOCATION United States - Illinois - Des Plaines
- DIVISION AMD Molecular
- TRAVEL Yes, 50 % of the Time
- MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE No
- SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES Continuous sitting for prolonged
periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)Continuous
standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an
8 hour day)Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Our business encompasses many different functions and capabilities,
which allows you to explore careers in various fields.-- GROWTH
PLANNING Growth Planning and Performance Excellence is an annual
process through which you'll be able to have open career
discussions with your manager to help you determine your own career
path and future. TRAINING & NETWORKS We provide a wide range of
classroom and e-learning courses to help you develop new skills and
enhance your career.-- WE'RE RECOGNIZED AROUND THE WORLD DOW JONES
SUSTAINABILITY INDEX BEST CORPORATE CITIZENS FORTUNE CHANGE
---------------------THE WORLD FORTUNE'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANIES
JOIN OUR TALENT COMMUNITY We will notify you about relevant
positions, and keep you in mind whenever we have interesting
opportunities.-- Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our
workforce including Minorities, Women, Individuals with
Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Unless
otherwise specified, all product and service names appearing in
this Internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to Abbott,
its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any Abbott trademark,
trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the
prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the
product or services of the company.
Keywords: Abbott Laboratories, Des Plaines , Director, Global Service Business Operations - Abbott Molecu, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!