Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: April 4, 2021
This position will report to the North America Regional Sales
Manager and will be responsible for helping to identify and execute
specific strategies to grow revenue and market share in the North
American Region. Individual will develop relationships with
existing OEM accounts, while pursuing new market opportunities.
Objective will be to sell all products within the scope of the
Industrial Components' responsibilities to achieve overall sales
plan and personal objectives. The expectation is to learn,
understand, and effectively convey features, benefits, and value
proposition for all ITW Industrial Components' products.
Responsibilities And Authority
- Drive sales through field engagements to grow revenue in all
designated or target accounts. Coordinate account service sales
activity for all assigned accounts.
- Develops strategies and tactics to defend current business and
drive organic growth through the assigned OEM customer base. Takes
appropriate steps to protect and safeguard ITW intellectual
- Develops sound, long-term customer relationships by providing
accurate and timely information to the customer about the Business
Units' progress and intentions. Follows up on action items and
provides feedback to ITW teams.
- Defines and pursues new business growth strategies and
opportunities by researching the types of business to pursue,
likely competition, pricing strategy and assisting with proposal
- Analyzes program viability and basic business opportunities for
the division. Recommends general and specific courses of action and
- Coordinates technical and business meetings to facilitate the
exchange of information with customers, and divisions. Determines
strategies for meetings and levels of management to be
- Prepares and gives presentations to management on matters
concerning OEM Sales Outlook and Annual Planning and analysis,
product selection and simplification, changing business
environment, technology and innovation at key customers,
competitors, or market-segment.
- Provides on-site customer support for ITW Industrial
Components' products and systems as problems or issues occur.
Diffuses potential points of contention and overcomes objections.
Identifies and facilitates quick disposition of crises related to
misunderstands, missed commitments, and field problems.
- Complies with federal, state, and aerospace/military industry
regulations by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing
adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed
actions (e.g. export compliance; protection of intellectual
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
seminars, reviewing professional publications, establishing
networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical-related
- 2-5 years of experience in technical sales, including account
management, establishing contacts, and major revenue scope of
- Must be US Citizen
- Experience with a broad range of company products,
technologies, and markets
- Proven experience in negotiating and closing projects. Basic
understanding of contractual terms and financial modeling (e.g.
- Basic knowledge of program management and business processes
and procedures, including technical and business proposal
development. Proficient in the use of standard business
applications software and specialized CRM programs.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, an effective
and active listener and have effective interpersonal, persuasive,
and analytical skills. Professional communication skills across
diverse cultures and managerial levels.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Effectively communicates and influences decisions at all levels
of internal and external management and customers.
- Overnight, long distance travel may be required to up to
- Proven ability to develop and implement business growth
strategies and tactics.
- Strong business analytical skills, with 80/20 mindset.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: ITW, Des Plaines , Sales Manager, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!