Company: Planet Fitness
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Summary:The Club Manager will be responsible for the
oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement
Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club.
The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of
employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous
assistance in employee training and development.Essential Duties
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff
consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives,
Trainers and Custodians.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members,
prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior
customer service guidelines.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for
direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's
values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including
taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and
trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Make daily bank
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Corporate Payroll
- Track statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Backup support for any employee who is
- Must have a satisfactory background check
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.Physical Demands
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during
shift.BenefitsPlanet Fit Indy 10 LLC offers a comprehensive
benefits program to all eligible employees. Newly hired full-time
employees are eligible for insurance first of the month following
their date of hire. We offer Medical & Prescription drug plans, HSA
(Health Savings Account) Dental, Vison, Life/AD&D, Voluntary
Short Term Disability (STD), Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD),
and other additional voluntary benefits! All part-time and
full-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan
after 3 months of service.EEOEqual Employment Opportunity: Planet
Fit Indy 10 LLC maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination
in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal
employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
physical, or mental disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other protected status. This applies to both
Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC employees and applicants for employment with
the Company. In keeping with this policy, Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC
does not discriminate against any person because of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. This nondiscrimination policy extends
to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as
all employment actions, including but not limited to recruiting,
hiring, promotions, compensation, training, benefits, and
termination of employment.Employees at a franchise location are
employed by the Franchisee and are not employees of PFHQ (the
Franchisor). PFHQ neither dictates nor controls labor or employment
matters for franchisees or their employees, and does not retain any
reserved authority to control the terms and conditions of
employment for franchisees or their employees. Each franchisee is
responsible for ensuring compliance with local, state and federal
Keywords: Planet Fitness, Des Plaines , General Manager, Executive , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!