Company: Michael Page
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Our client is a leading manufacturer of value-added
products/services to the mass transit and railroad industries. They
are showing impressive growth at their IL locations in particular,
and are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to help improve their CNC
operations and line themselves up for a leadership role.Client
- Steadily growing company looking to optimize its current
processes and develop new processes
- Use of CNC presses, mills, and lathes
- Invests heavily in their employees with benefits and PTO
- Pride themselves on customer satisfaction and the quality of
- Looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to play a visible role in
their growth moving forwardDescription
- Provide the leadership and training for a team of three CNC
- Train technicians as well as non-technical associates. May
review the work of other engineers/technicians. Can assist others
through moderately to complex tasks.
- Interact with production support operators, team leaders,
set-up operators, and shift supervisors to provide standard problem
solving and troubleshooting
- Lead or assist in the implementation of continuous improvement
and Kaizen projects.
- Develop and write CNC programs for mills/lathes.
- Prototype part development via CAD tools to simulate the
- Research new equipment and prepare capital expenditures for new
- Develop tooling designs and modifications to ensure high
quality and productivity.
- Specify required tooling, fixtures, and gauging required.
- Evaluate tooling, Scrap and Rework cost, determine root cause
and corrective action to reduce cost.
- Complete improvement projects to address the root causes of
- Utilize systems to perform duties and process changes to
- Participate and lead design review initiatives for new
- Optimize the equipment for minimal setup time, changeover, and
- Define and implement the required preventative maintenance
method for the machining equipment
- Provide the process and operational documentation for effective
use of the equipment in the production environment.
- Diagnose machine problems working with internal and external
resources to resolve any issues immediately.ProfileA successful
candidate will possess the following skills/experience:
- 4+ years in engineering and manufacturing environments
- Expertise working with CNC presses, mills, and lathes
- Knowledge of CAD design for New Product Development and legacy
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six Sigma concepts
- Experience supervising and/or managing staff or engineers
- Experience with GD&T
- 4 year technical degreeJob Offer
- Base salary between $80,000 to $95,000
- Annual bonus potential based on plant, team, and individual
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) match at 4%
- BCBS Health care and benefits, including medical, dental, and
- Continual educational opportunities
- Life Insurance and Legal Assistance availableApply today using
the link provided and your resume will be considered within 24
hoursMPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status,
or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected
by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages
applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected
veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Keywords: Michael Page, Des Plaines , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...