Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Description Job Description: The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a
dynamic Power / Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace
System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.In this role you
will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Central
Service Area (CSA) NISC support team with the goal of providing
outstanding customer service to the FAA.Provide the CSA
Infrastructure Engineering Center, Great Lakes Regional Office
assistance in planning, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering,
coordination, contracting, installation, inspection, and acceptance
of electrical systems/services as part of the Central Service Area
(CSA) implementation of a wide variety of NAS Infrastructure
programs and projects, which include of the electrical generator
replacement program. The projects will range over the geographic
scope of the CSA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and
timeliness of project completion. Specific duties for the position
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA
buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop "to-scale" designs and
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in
existing or new facilities with exact specifications and
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction
inspections and final inspections inclusive of CAI and JAI.
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify
and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and
generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as
required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare Microstation-generated construction drawings and
prepare site-specific specifications and contract documents and
independent cost estimates.
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management
Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to
meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential
impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction
meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to
coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities
to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with
stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and
restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to
team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power
- Track and reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project
exceptions. Basic Qualifications:
- Must have an Electrical Engineering or Power related degree
from an accredited College/University and a minimum of 4 to 8 years
of prior relevant experience.
- At least four years of experience designing electrical
distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government
facilities, including standby engine generator and un-interruptible
power systems (UPS)
- Must have experience with power system analysis software such
as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools with
solid understanding of arc flash studies.
- Must be able to conduct and interpret power studies.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, Power
Point), Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able
to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical
writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake
holders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required)
related to site preparation and equipment installation
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations
regarding the closure of construction related punch-list
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules,
- Ability to provide organized documentation.
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general
requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders,
contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
Pay Range: Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Keywords: Leidos, Des Plaines , Power/Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!