Project Engineer I
Company: J.A. Watts
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 16, 2022
J. A. Watts, Inc. (JWI) is a woman-owned professional services firm
that believes in treating its clients and employees like family at
every level of our company. Our family culture is what we're known
for, and we work to stay true to who we are. That's how we manage
our projects and how we recruit THE Best People in our industry.
Our clients come from all walks of life, and so do we, which makes
us stronger together. This role is responsible for supporting
Engineering project management through preparing, scheduling,
coordinating, and monitoring a variety of projects in the
Engineering industry. They will manage aspects of projects
including oversight and planning for engineering design,
procurement, and construction inspection. Projects will be working
with a variety of clients including the Tollway, IDOT, Private
Industry, and this role will work directly with contractors on
those projects. This role will be based out of our Rosemont,
Illinois office but the ideal candidate will be able and willing to
drive to project sites to support project(s).Duties and
- Oversee and coordinate all technical aspects of a project
including contract submission, designs, testing, and data
collection and analysis.
- Review project plans and proposals and suggest updates or
maintain changes as needed.
- Responsible for performing technical assignments throughout
assigned projects including construction layout, calculating and
verifying engineering calculations, inspecting construction work,
and conducting field tests.
- Prepare and distribute specifications and timeline of the
project to both internal and external clients.
- Provide status reports of projects on timeline, and
- Allocate project resources appropriately and within the project
budget and oversee work completed including external
- Perform overall quality control of the work and regularly
report on project status.
- Interact daily with the clients and propose project updates as
- Maintain project integrity and reputation through compliance
with state and federal regulations.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with team members to
provide assistance and support.
- Perform other duties as required/directed.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
from ABET-accredited institution
- EIT preferred
- 0-4 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in CADD software
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have a clear analytical approach to problem-solving and
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to
handle multiple tasks at a timeCompany Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance options for employees and
families. Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options
- Company-provided group life, short and long-term disability,
and voluntary life options
- Matching 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development and tuition assistance
- Company-sponsored social eventsEEO/AA:
Keywords: J.A. Watts, Des Plaines , Project Engineer I, Engineering , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!