Office Coordinator, Learning Center
Company: Oakton Community College
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Des Plaines, IL
Dec 1, 2022
Open Until Filled
Full Time Staff
About Oakton College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where
thousands begin or continue their college or career studies.
Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more
than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life
for everyone who enters its doors.
Educate . Transform . Empower .
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, facilitate and organize the daily front
desk operations of an assigned campus Learning Center. Manage and
supervise the front desk staffing of the Learning Center.
Anticipate and assess visitor needs, and provide comprehensive
information and referrals to appropriate Learning Center staff
and/or other College services. Provide administrative support to
the Manager, Academic Success and Support, and the Director,
Student Learning and Engagement.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and ensure front desk operations facilitate optimal
customer service to all visitors of the Learning Center. Provide
excellent customer service to students and visitors seeking
information and refer students to appropriate support services and
- Recruit, hire, train and supervisor student employees working
at the front desk of the Learning Center.
- Assist with utilization and maintenance of scheduling and
reporting software for academic support and interventions.
Coordinate and ensure accurate data entry of tutoring and other
academic support services.
- Carry out administrative and clerical tasks related to
maintaining and securing personnel data. This includes the hiring
and tracking information for tutors, as well as other record
keeping tasks requested by the Director.
- Assist the Director in record keeping related to budget and
organization of meeting tasks.
- Serve as a liaison between students, tutors, and departmental
staff to facilitate the process of connecting students with and
registering students for Learning Center services, including, but
not limited to tutoring.
- Oversee the calculator loan program to include the issuing of
calculators, revising and distributing program contracts, and
maintenance of calculators.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and maintenance of
updated standard operating procedures for front desk operations of
the Learning Center.
- In consultation with the Manager, monitor budget associated
with areas of responsibility and provide budget recommendations.
Maintain inventory and recommend purchase of academic support
- Oversee the inventory, reproduction, and distribution of
Learning Center printed materials.
- Collaborate with the Learning Center staff, instructors and
tutors to oversee the supply and upkeep of instructional materials,
including, but not limited to models, equipment, minerals, and
other source materials.
- Order and maintain inventory of general office supplies and
arrange appropriate maintenance services of Learning Center
computers, printers, furniture, fixtures, etc. as needed.
- Participate in Learning Center team meetings.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be
obtained is required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Two years general administrative or clerical work is
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are
required. Must be able to explain policies and communicate with
others in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Must be able to provide quality customer service.
- Technology skills and computer competence, including MS office
suite, and database programs are required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills are
required. Ability to work independently prioritizing tasks to meet
deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of
different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life
experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow
employees and the College community at large.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours at both the Skokie
and Des Plaines campuses including some evening hours consistent
with student needs is required.
Mobility to move from building to building on Campus and to visit
off Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office
environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to
adverse working conditions.
Functional supervision is received from the Manager, Academic
Success and Support. Administrative supervision is received from
the Director of Student Learning and Engagement.
General supervision is exercised over student employees.
SALARY: $43,924 Salary is non-negotiable
HOURS: Monday - Friday 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval,
some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule
options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day
probationary period, employees are required to report to
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative
action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are
Keywords: Oakton Community College, Des Plaines , Office Coordinator, Learning Center, Administration, Clerical , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!