TransFinance Audit Coordinator
Company: CJ Logistics America
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: January 19, 2023
TransFinance Audit CoordinatorBrief Description: Are you
passionate about Finance? Are you looking for an opportunity to
make an impact in a global company? We need people like you to help
us hire the best in the business and we're excited to have you join
us in this significant role to ensure we continue to build a
diverse and engaged workforce! Come be part of something special at
CJ Logistics America!Position Overview The Transportation Finance
Audit Coordinator reports to the FP&A (Freight Pay & Audit)
Supervisor and oversees the day-to-day data entry, review, and
approval process of all third-party carrier freight bills going to
audit. This position communicates with carriers to respond to
payment inquiries, maintain accurate and current account invoice
aging, and resolve disputed rates and accessorial charges. This
position works in close collaboration with the Carrier Management,
IT, and Transportation Operations teams in the development,
maintenance, and continuous enhancement of the underlying processes
and systems that support the day-to-day activities to maximize the
efficiencies of this critical front-end process within the
Transportation Finance group. Position Responsibilities Operations
Management / Customer Focused
- Oversee carrier freight bill audit processing to ensure that
payments are disbursed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that carrier payments are in compliance with current
contractual agreements, including the identification and resolution
of any freight bill rate and accessorial charge variances.
- Identify root causes for recurring discrepancies and
develop/implement timely and practical solutions.
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement mindset with
respect to the quality, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of
the freight audit and payment functions and related internal
controls, resulting in increased accuracy and a decreased risk of
fraud and errors. Review and revise policies and procedures as
necessary to accomplish such ends.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communications with carriers in
order to ensure the timely receipt of all freight bills and
supporting documentation, reconciliation and resolution of all past
- Develop and maintain comprehensive process documentation, as
well as the development and ongoing monitoring of metrics that
track key performance indicators within the freight audit and
- Provide input for system development of the MercuryGate TMS.
This includes system interfaces with JD Edwards and the EDI
processes, as well as the ongoing development of system portals
that provide additional opportunities for the automation of carrier
invoice submission and carrier payment inquiries.
- Work closely with the IT/EDI/HubTran teams in the electronic
freight billing process with the TMS, and identify and pursue
opportunities to shift additional carriers from paper to electronic
- Support the carrier aspects of all start-up and transitional
transportation services operations. Job Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of experience in finance and accounting roles within
a high-volume processing environment.
- Experience with a TMS will be required to understand all the
impacts of any carrier resolutions in the system.
- Ability to meet regular weekly and monthly deadlines in a
high-volume processing environment.
- Well-developed problem solving and reconciliation skills, and
the ability to work independently to resolve issues.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and organizational
- Advanced skills in Excel, with ability to summarize and present
large volumes of data in a concise manner.
- Excellent customer service skills with proven ability to build
good relationships with peer groups across the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and strict
- Professional demeanor.Preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Accounting, finance or information systems field of study
- Knowledge of transportation tariffs
- Experience in a logistics or transportation environment, with a
focus on transportation rates and accessorial chargesCJ Logistics
loves collaboration and a team environment. Therefore, this role is
located at our Corporate Office in Des Plaines, IL and has a hybrid
work arrangement (3 days on site and 2 days remote). Candidates
must live within a commutable distance to the corporate office.
Pay, Benefits and More:
- Competitive compensation package
- Full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k),
Life insurance, tuition assistance, PTO and MORE!
- Growing company with a performance record that continues to
- Opportunity to drive significant changes in Talent Acquisition
with an ability to make an impact across the organization
- Open-door work environment
- High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where
continuous improvement is embraced
- Opportunities for advancement! CJ Logistics America About
Statement: CJ Logistics America delivers integrated and multimodal
logistics services, connecting every corner of the world via air,
sea and land. As a lead logistics partner (LLP), third-party
logistics provider (3PL) and supply chain consultant, we help
customers leverage supply chain management as a competitive
advantage, reducing total system costs, transforming business
processes, improving service and facilitating growth and change.
With a focus on social responsibility and sustainability through
growth with customers and communities, we prioritize the wellbeing
of the end consumer, our customers and our employees. CJ Logistics
America is responsible for the North America region, specializing
in solutions for regulated industries such as food and beverage,
consumer-packaged goods, healthcare and medical supplies, and tire
and automotive. CJ Logistics America is proud to be an Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit
discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not
limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race,
religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, CJ
Logistics America participates in the E-Verify program in certain
locations. Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: CJ Logistics America, Des Plaines , TransFinance Audit Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!