Company: McKinley and Company Recruitment, Inc
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Our Client is a manufacturing company seeking Staff Accountant
for their Des Plaines, IL Corporate office.Position Summary:Perform
the day-to-day payroll operations of the company, process weekly
multi-state payrolls, process special payouts severance, bonuses,
garnishments, employee benefits, prepare journal entries and
account reconciliations for all general ledger balances related to
payroll. Maintain payroll system ensuring data input integrity and
accuracy. Support Plant Controller by performing daily cost
roll-ups and monthly analytical review of product cost. Perform
daily bank postings in SAP. Audit, post and approve weekly expense
- Process payroll for over 200 salary and hourly employees for
multiple business units.
- Poll electronic time clocks and review the download information
for completeness and accuracy of hours worked.
- Contact various supervisors for any missed time.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post
information onto designated records.
- Handle complaints or questions regarding discrepancies.
- Calculate and include deductions, such as income tax
withholding, insurance and other deductions.
- Set-up garnishments and validate calculations.
- Review wages computed and correct errors to ensure accuracy of
- Maintain internal management reports.
- Trouble shoot payroll software issues
- Prepare monthly hours reporting for all business units.
- Investigate tax inquiries from governmental agencies.
- Payroll processing documentation
- Maintain payroll accruals and accounting entries.General Ledger
Activities General Ledger (15%)
- Post daily banking activities to the general ledger
- Maintain cash management spreadsheet
- Maintain cash posting templates in SAP
- Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Payroll posting to general ledgerAccounts payable (10%)
- Back-up AP function
- Generate weekly payment runsExpense Reporting (15%)
- Review and approve expense reports for account accuracy
- Maintain Certify expense reporting system
- Post credit card transactions to general ledger
- Audit expense reports for accuracy and complianceCost
- Daily maintenance of product cost roll-up
- Monthly analytical review of product costAll other duties as
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of experience processing exempt, non-exempt payrolls
- Through knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws,
payroll tax laws and regulationsPreferred:
- ADP Workforce Now
- SAP experience a plus.TRAINING
- Employee Orientation
- Legal Compliance CalendarSKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Possesses ability to read, analyze, and interpret general
business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures
or technical manuals.
- Ability required in the writing of routine reports, business
correspondence, and documenting accounting procedures.
- Ability to effectively create and present information; and
respond to questions from employees, and managers.
- Possesses good verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is imperative.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized
accounting system (SAP), Ceridian HR/Payroll Web and Microsoft
applications (Excel, Word) at a proficient level.
Keywords: McKinley and Company Recruitment, Inc, Des Plaines , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!