Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Our client, a leading transportation company, is seeking a
controller to add to their accounting team. This position is open
due to growth Sizzle
- Opportunity for growth
- Provides a family atmosphere in all 48 continuous states yet
offers large corporation like benefits
- PE backed
- Ownership in the role
- New CFO who is looking to develop his team
- Competitive salary and benefits PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including
income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, owner
reports, and internal management reports with important KPI
analysis. Month-end close should be completed on a timely and
- Prepare annual budgets for the entire organization with detail
down to the location level and rolled up to the Division, Region,
and Combined organization level.
- Compare sales and profit and loss projections to actual amounts
and budgeted expenses to actual expenses and explain and discuss
all major differences.
- Analyze operations to identify areas in need of improvement and
work with region and location managers to improve operational
- Work with the CFO, COO and President to coordinate planning and
improve processes and procedures.
- Oversee the accounting department, daily transaction
processing, the chart of accounts, and manage the Accounts Payable,
Accounts Receivable, and Revenue generation activities. - Work with
other departmental managers to improve their processes and
procedures to insure timely and accurate transaction processing
recorded on a timely basis.
- Monitor and manage the Company's cash flow and prepare 13-week
cash flow projections on a timely basis. Review all major variances
and keep management apprised of any cash flow needs.
- Record and update all Right of Use Assets in the accounting
records and maintain supporting schedules and information for audit
and management purposes
- Prepare supporting schedules for Balance Sheet accounts and
maintain detail schedules detailing items included in each account,
which should be done, on a monthly basis.
- Manage and prepare information for the annual year end audit
with CPA Firm. Prepare all schedules on a timely basis Experience
- Bachelors in Accounting
- CPA/Masters is a plus
- 5+ years transportation industry experience
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Des Plaines , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!