Tax Program / Project Manager
Company: E78 Partners
Location: Des Plaines
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At E78, we assist our clients in finding just the right
candidates to fit their needs! Our client is currently seeking a
Program / Project Manager to provide program management support for
the continued implementation of a tax program currently underway
for a large financial services fleet management client.Leverage the
legacy program experience from the previous implementation
pre-merger. Key words: Process Improvement, Change Management,
Strategy, Roadmap, M&A, Business Transformation, Tax Programs,
Program Management, Project Management, Fleet Management.
Initial Discovery ActivitiesCapture the current process with the
associated tasks from both internal teams and external stakeholders
including the flow of transactions between systems, entities, and
taxing authorities.Confirm or create standard program/project
management components as needed:
- Stakeholder Communications Plan
- Determine appropriate cadence and attendance for meetings
- Internal PMO Reporting Requirements (as needed)
- State-by-State Schedule (with any known mandates or
- Scope and schedule change process
- Issues, risks, and escalation path for resolution or
mitigationCapture the following for impact analysis and planning:
- Any outstanding legal, accounting, regulatory or partner
- Identify any gaps or needs for additional development to
support the current processProgram ManagementWith the program plan
- Coordinate, track, and report on tasks and milestones
associated with each state implementation with the goal of
fast-tracking using a defined process developed in discovery
- Identify and resolve any schedule blocks or dependencies
- Manage the tracking, resolution, and escalation of risks and
- Provide program status reviews with stakeholdersQualifications:
- Ability to lead a series of projects during a period of
transition and integration for the client organization.
- Well-grounded in core project management and business analysis
- Ability to support the client with business perspective
visualization and definition of system architecture and business
process flows to meet project requirements.
- Ability to communicate project status clearly and succinctly
for executive understanding - using multiple channels such as a
written executive summary, formal presentations or executive
meetings, and casual business environment encounters.
- Understand and initiate, with tact and diplomacy, escalation
and resolution of blocking issues or dependencies.
- Maintain issues and risks information mapped to schedule and
scope impacts and mitigation approaches.
- Ability to liaise with client's legal and accounting
professional services for relevant advisory needs.
- Experience influencing people from a consulting point of
- Experience in non-banking financial services.
- Comfortable working in a less structured environment.
- Project leadership experience with complex stakeholder
- Project leadership experience with high visibility and
- Experience with automated forms document preparation including
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Undergraduate degree relevant to financial services or
- Experience in a fleet management financial services
- An understanding of the operational details and documentation
of buying, titling, and selling vehicles for fleet management and
the associated sales tax impacts.
- An understanding of auto dealer transactions with state
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Graduate degree relevant to financial services or
This is a hybrid role, 80% remote with 20% on site attendance
required. (Chicago land area - North Burbs and near Northwest Burbs
off the UPNW line). We believe this position will transition to
remote after the after the discovery phase.
Keywords: E78 Partners, Des Plaines , Tax Program / Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Des Plaines, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!